Rotating Flat Identifier Text

Started by tapdn, April 09, 2008, 01:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapdn

Trying to place flat ID text vertical along the edge of plate. Templates are same size as plate. Placed text appears fine on the the template, but pulled into Preps job text appears horz. Does Flat Identifier Text not work correctly in PDF to PDF workflow?

Mac OSX
Preps 5.3

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

I have no idea with the static text mark. I use the smart text mark and it works okay when rotated.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Works fine as static for me in 5.2.2.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

tapdn

At home now Joe, but will have a look in smartmarks tomorrow. Is it something you have to create there?
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

tapdn

Okay so I got it worked out and created in smart marks. Works like a charm, but...
I have dozens of templates to make the change on. I don't see a way to simply open a template and add the new smartmark (saved duplicate) without having to plug in rotation, text and position every time on every template. I understand I can copy and paste on every signature of, say, a 32 page template, but I am lazy and hate to have to recreate every time. :undecided:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Joe

Quote from: tapdn on April 10, 2008, 08:22:36 AMOkay so I got it worked out and created in smart marks. Works like a charm, but...
I have dozens of templates to make the change on. I don't see a way to simply open a template and add the new smartmark (saved duplicate) without having to plug in rotation, text and position every time on every template. I understand I can copy and paste on every signature of, say, a 32 page template, but I am lazy and hate to have to recreate every time. :undecided:

Okay, did you go under the file menu and create the smart mark the way you wanted it and then saved it to a file? Once you do that you go under, shit can't remember now as I'm at home, but under one of the menus there is a place to "Import Smartmarks". This will bring up a dialog box and you add the smartmark on the left to the box on the right and below that you specify if you want to add the mark to the selected impo in the template you have open or in all impos and whether you want to add it all sigs or just the first sig. Sorry, no screen shot. I don't have Preps here at home. LOL

tapdn

Thanks Joe. Yep I get what you're saying. I did save the reconfigured smart mark and added to dupe mark folder.
What!! You don't have Preps at home??!!!   :grin:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Joe

Quote from: tapdn on April 10, 2008, 10:27:55 AMThanks Joe. Yep I get what you're saying. I did save the reconfigured smart mark and added to dupe mark folder.
What!! You don't have Preps at home??!!!   :grin:

You have to put smartmarks in the smartmarks folder (inside the marks folder) and not the dupe folder.

Joe

Smartmarks tip: Create smart mark groups such as text identifier, center marks, fold marks, trim marks, color bars, electronic press registration symbols, etc and save them in a subfolder in the smartmarks subfolder of the marks folder and you can add them all in as a group all at the same time.

DigiCorn

Probably covered already, but the Flat identifier Text needs to be "brought to front,' too. And then be certain to keep it out of your work.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

tapdn

Thanks Chris...
and thanks for replying on GUA forum too. That place is way too dead!
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb