Roating Flat ID text - different issue

Started by DCurry, April 10, 2008, 08:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

I've had Preps 5.2.2 for a while now, and haven't dabbled in SmartMarks becasue I already had a bunch of base templates that I use as a starting point to make new templates, and most of the marks needed are already in place.

Reading that other post about the rotated Flat ID text got me interested in using a SmartMark for the same purpose, but my issue is different:

I type in "Sig $sig Side $side SHEETWISE", just like in my static marks so that it will read "Sig 1 Side A SHEETWISE" on the plate. I am setting rotation to 90. When the mark is imported onto the template, the "$" symbol is replaced by "#", which is wrong. I can edit the mark once it is placed on the sheet and change the # back to $, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of using SmartMarks in the first place?

Perhaps I am doing something wrong?
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DCurry

Never mind - I think I figured it out. I was saving the SmartMark to the wrong location.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

tapdn

Quote from: DCurry on April 10, 2008, 08:46:28 AMNever mind - I think I figured it out. I was saving the SmartMark to the wrong location.
Where was the right location? Only place I have been able to save smart mark is Dupe and that loses all position, rotation and text info.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

Quote from: tapdn on April 10, 2008, 08:52:20 AM
Quote from: DCurry on April 10, 2008, 08:46:28 AMNever mind - I think I figured it out. I was saving the SmartMark to the wrong location.
Where was the right location? Only place I have been able to save smart mark is Dupe and that loses all position, rotation and text info.

There is a smartmarks folder inside the marks folder. They need to go in there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.