Processless Violet Plates

Started by gtrev, April 28, 2008, 08:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtrev

I've got a Heidelberg Prosetter 74 that's capable of 30mw of power - been trying to get a straight answer if it will image the Brillia HD PRO-V plate to be released at DRUPA. Any Ideas?  :peep:
What proof?

frailer

We've been told our 30 mWatt Luxel will be adequate to image the up coming chem-free Fuji plate. Pretty sure it's the HD-PRO-V you're referring to. If you want me to get the name of the Fuji consumables rep for Adelaide, PM me.    :smiley:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gtrev

Thanks Frailer, yep it's the proV - I've had a meeting with the SA rep, but he was a little bit less convincing when we talked about the laser power - I think 30mw might be the minimum?  wondering if this is going to be an issue?
What proof?

frailer

We-e-ll, they didn't say anything about it being minimum, or whether it might be less than ideal, but I'll certainly ask now.... :wink:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Marktonk

Gents,

Last time I saw the Fuji Violet Chemfree plate at a show, they said it needed 150 mW laser. I heard they changed this but do not have any written info to substantiate it so I look forward to hearing what you find out. The Agfa Violet chemfree plate is speced to image with a 30 mW.  We will also have a something of interest on the Prosetter at Drupa!

Regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

gtrev

Thanks Mark, something interesting on the Prosetter? Not a Buxom Belgium beer wench!
What proof?

frailer

Quote from: Marktonk on April 30, 2008, 05:58:08 PMGents,

Last time I saw the Fuji Violet Chemfree plate at a show, they said it needed 150 mW laser. I heard they changed this but do not have any written info to substantiate it so I look forward to hearing what you find out. The Agfa Violet chemfree plate is speced to image with a 30 mW.  We will also have a something of interest on the Prosetter at Drupa!

Regards,

Mark

Yeah...confess to groping around a bit on this one. The Fuji techs are out here next week to move us to LP-NV2 plates.

Shall put the thumbscrews on'em then and get back to you, gtrev.

Beer wenches...mmm... :cheesy:

LoganBlade

[/quote]

Yeah...confess to groping around a bit on this one. The Fuji techs are out here next week to move us to LP-NV2 plates.

Shall put the thumbscrews on'em then and get back to you, gtrev.

Beer wenches...mmm... :cheesy:
[/quote]

I have moved up to them and know they print sharper. had to go over everything again to fix curves and match old output.
"dyslexics have more fnu"

Marktonk

Quote from: gtrev on April 30, 2008, 10:40:04 PMThanks Mark, something interesting on the Prosetter? Not a Buxom Belgium beer wench!

Humm, I was not thinking of Belgium beer wench but now that is all I can think of....
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

beermonster

me too :wink:

i have absolutely no knowledge of violet plates - i hope this helps :tongue:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Marktonk

Hi Guys,

Sitting on a ship, looking at the Rhine.....Drupa is over.

I stopped by Fuji and had a Demo on the violet chemfree plate. I was told by the demonstrator that a 60 mW laser was needed. He also said they plate would release later this year, around October

We were running our new Saphira Violet chemfree plate on the Prosetter PF74 SCL. Although we had a 60 mW laser in the Prosetter, it will also work with 30 mW. 5 mW will need to upgrade. The Prosetter is rated at 24 pph and we imaged the Chemfree at that speed. Chemfree at engine speed! We will launch the plate later this year.

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA
Product Manager, CtP & Proofing

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

Vee

Greetings Mark,
Is it a drop in solution, or might it require a little tweaking on existing Prosetters?

Sounds like T. Smith needs to make a trip to my area and upgrade the ol guys at the print shop!

Vee
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

Marktonk

Hi Vee,

Good to hear from you. It will require a clean out unit that does two things, it has a preheat section to harden the plate and then a gum solution to clean and protect the plate. Exposure will have to be set up for this particular emulsion.  After clean out it is no longer white light sensitive and the plate has excellant contrast.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

beermonster

but you have to have a light safe area for loading the plates right?
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Marktonk

Hi beermonster,

Yes, the Saphira Violet Chemfree plate is a 405 nm violet spectrum plate that requires a yellow safe light for plate handling before clean out. If you have an automated Prosetter, this can operate in white light conditions, you would only need yellow light when loading up the cassette. Did you make it to Drupa?

Best regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA
Product Manager, CtP & Proofing
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA