Useless Co-Worker For Sale

Started by Ventura_Tom, May 07, 2008, 03:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postcrypt

Yeah, there's no shortage of useless co-workers. A few years back, when the drum scanning business was still decent, we hired an ex-photographer with minimal prepress skills, and I trained him to run the scanner. Of course, the drum scanner these days is about as useful as tits on a boar, but as of last year the guy was still around, and still avoiding learning any new skills by pretending complete ineptitude at anything else.

So, the owner decides to make the guy a delivery driver. Still gonna pay him like a scanner operator, but now he drives the truck. Hmmm. In my capacity as production manager, I had to sit in on the "reassignment" discussion. He takes the news that he's now the delivery guy pretty well. I figure, hell, he ought to, since he's gonna be making twice the money anybody ever made doing that before... then, he proceeds to go into a rant because he's hasn't had a RAISE in two years.

Didn't have to sell him; we GAVE him away.

PrepressCrapFixer

Quote from: postcrypt on May 30, 2008, 12:52:30 PMYeah, there's no shortage of useless co-workers. A few years back, when the drum scanning business was still decent, we hired an ex-photographer with minimal prepress skills, and I trained him to run the scanner. Of course, the drum scanner these days is about as useful as tits on a boar, but as of last year the guy was still around, and still avoiding learning any new skills by pretending complete ineptitude at anything else.

So, the owner decides to make the guy a delivery driver. Still gonna pay him like a scanner operator, but now he drives the truck. Hmmm. In my capacity as production manager, I had to sit in on the "reassignment" discussion. He takes the news that he's now the delivery guy pretty well. I figure, hell, he ought to, since he's gonna be making twice the money anybody ever made doing that before... then, he proceeds to go into a rant because he's hasn't had a RAISE in two years.

Didn't have to sell him; we GAVE him away.
Jesus, what a total dumbass!
macOSX 12.7 Monterey • Prinergy 10 • Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 • Q800 Trendsetter w/ MCU • Epson Sure Color P7000

DigitalCrapShoveler

Right this very second... I am gritting my teeth listening to the Blood Sausage droll on about his church picnic Saturday. He has no idea I am typing this, while he reminisces about balloons and macaroni salad and the dunk tank, that his pastor hit his head on... WTF? After he is finished I think I will bludgeon his skull with the PC. I don't want his thick cranial cap cracking my Mac.
Member #285 - Civilian

hotmetal

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 02, 2008, 08:13:39 AMRight this very second... I am gritting my teeth listening to the Blood Sausage droll on about his church picnic Saturday. He has no idea I am typing this, while he reminisces about balloons and macaroni salad and the dunk tank, that his pastor hit his head on... WTF? After he is finished I think I will bludgeon his skull with the PC. I don't want his thick cranial cap cracking my Mac.

and they're always such nice, What, Me Worry? types... firing one would be like firing the family dog...
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

DigitalCrapShoveler

But beating that family dog would be oh so satisfying...
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 02, 2008, 08:13:39 AMRight this very second... I am gritting my teeth listening to the Blood Sausage droll on about his church picnic Saturday. He has no idea I am typing this, while he reminisces about balloons and macaroni salad and the dunk tank, that his pastor hit his head on... WTF? After he is finished I think I will bludgeon his skull with the PC. I don't want his thick cranial cap cracking my Mac.

Mate, I thought I had it bad in the co-worker stakes. Sheesh. That would be unbearable. We don't want to see you in the wrong kind of news report. We sometimes get stuff like that here:

"A worker in a printery in the US today bludgeoned a fellow worker to death by repeatedly....with a desktop PC....". That would not be nice. Just post here. Far fewer consequences...unless of course you've gone for a pee and left it on-screen... :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: frailer on June 03, 2008, 11:40:58 PM

Mate, I thought I had it bad in the co-worker stakes. Sheesh. That would be unbearable. We don't want to see you in the wrong kind of news report. We sometimes get stuff like that here:

"A worker in a printery in the US today bludgeoned a fellow worker to death by repeatedly....with a desktop PC....". That would not be nice. Just post here. Far fewer consequences...unless of course you've gone for a pee and left it on-screen... :laugh:

LMFAO! You have even a more vivid imagination than I do, or do you? :evil: Death to the Blood Sausage :death:!
Member #285 - Civilian

hotmetal

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: hotmetal on June 04, 2008, 08:47:31 AMyou've all been here, right?

http://www.addictinggames.com/whackyourboss.html

I play it daily. I think you posted this before, but I am glad you did again, for everyone else. Very therapeutic.
Member #285 - Civilian

jezza

Nice, found all 16   :smiley:
one sick prepress mofo

PrepressCrapFixer

Quote from: jezza  link=topic=1642.msg29237#msg29237 date=1212592065Nice, found all 16   :smiley:
So did I!  Loved throwing his ass out the window!! :laugh:
macOSX 12.7 Monterey • Prinergy 10 • Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 • Q800 Trendsetter w/ MCU • Epson Sure Color P7000

jezza

I like the kicking he got with the waste paper basket  :wink:
one sick prepress mofo

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: jezza  on June 04, 2008, 09:11:18 AMI like the kicking he got with the waste paper basket  :wink:
Quote from: PrepressCrapFixer on June 04, 2008, 09:09:40 AM
Quote from: jezza  link=topic=1642.msg29237#msg29237 date=1212592065Nice, found all 16   :smiley:
So did I!  Loved throwing his ass out the window!! :laugh:

You see, therapeutic.
Member #285 - Civilian

jezza

I must confess though, that I do actually like my boss, I have had a lot worse
one sick prepress mofo

Joe

Quote from: jezza  link=topic=1642.msg29255#msg29255 date=1212593971I must confess though, that I do actually like my boss, I have had a lot worse

Ditto.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.