Anyone using Xinet/Fullpress with ArtPro ?

Started by Zimmy3, June 24, 2008, 11:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zimmy3

Using Illy CS3.  ArtPro 8.6rev7.

When using Fullpress FPO with OPI,my custom spot colors do not import correctly. No preview color, all zeros.
If I have vector only objects,it imports fine.
As soon as I add a image from the FPO volume,the custom spot color doesn't import with a preview color.
Because it feels good !

whoami

We actually have xinet and artpro as well but we haven't seen any problems with it.  Maybe you can send me a couple of your files see if i can duplicate it over here and maybe I can help you out.   

Zimmy3

Quote from: whoami on June 24, 2008, 01:50:24 PMWe actually have xinet and artpro as well but we haven't seen any problems with it.  Maybe you can send me a couple of your files see if i can duplicate it over here and maybe I can help you out.   
How about just tryin this for me.
Color a vector object a spot color(example:spot 1 = 50y30m20c010k).Save as CS3 w/PDF compatablilty checked on.
Import into ArtPro and see if the preview color comes in correctly. It should.
Now take that same file......place a ct(from the fullpress FPO volume.....make sure the ct has a spot channel ,named the same as your spot
color used in the Illy CS2 file.
Now save and Import again with the OPI button checked(Import options)
It imports the high res ct but the color is now all zero's...see custom spot colors.....like my snapshot above in my 1st post.

Can you see if the same thing happens to you.
Greatly appreciated.

Zimmy
Because it feels good !

repro_is_still_alive

Hi Zimmy,

Just tried your test and got the same result as you, lucky i haven't rolled r7 out to production yet.

Zimmy3

Quote from: repro_is_still_alive on June 25, 2008, 03:53:46 AMHi Zimmy,

Just tried your test and got the same result as you, lucky i haven't rolled r7 out to production yet.

Thanks.
This has been going on on earlier versions also.....at least 8.5 gives you a warning.(see pic below)
It's totally ignoring the vector objects color

Here's the weird thing....if you put the spot color in one of your ink books, it works.
Because it feels good !

repro_is_still_alive

Hi Zimmy,

I haven't had any problem with Artpro 8.5 to 8.6r3 but we have still been using AI CS2 in production.