News:

Main Menu

8.6 rev 4

Started by Joe, July 30, 2008, 10:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

has been released. Can't find a change log at the DL center though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

EmptyWords

Joe,

I just went on the download center about an hour ago and pulled the change log, actually I am right now downloading the new version. Hope it runs better for us than 8.6 rev3 did, had to pull due to every other job crapping out at the rasterise sep module.
Esko Automation Engine  •  Imaging Engine  •  Nexus  •  Odystar  •  Neo  •  ArtPro  •  ArtPro+ Layout
Esko ArtPro+ Advanced  •  ArtPro+ Essentials  •  Esko PowerStepper/PowerLayout  •  Kodak Preps 8
Hyphen ImpoProof 8400S  •  CGS Oris ColorTuner // Web  •  Epson Stylus Pro 7900  •  Apogee Prepress
Agfa/Screen Avalon  •  Xerox iGen  •  Versant 180  •  Iridesse  •  Mark Andy  •  Heidelberg  •  Kirk-Rudy

Joe

Ahhh, there it is. Don't know how I missed that before.

What are you running Nexus on? Windows or Mac? On Win 2003 server I have not had that problem with 8.6 r3

EmptyWords

Running it on an Xserve, get two basic errors one about fonts, which always cropped up in version 8.5 and also another different error about locked files which just now surfaced in 8.6 rev 3.
Esko Automation Engine  •  Imaging Engine  •  Nexus  •  Odystar  •  Neo  •  ArtPro  •  ArtPro+ Layout
Esko ArtPro+ Advanced  •  ArtPro+ Essentials  •  Esko PowerStepper/PowerLayout  •  Kodak Preps 8
Hyphen ImpoProof 8400S  •  CGS Oris ColorTuner // Web  •  Epson Stylus Pro 7900  •  Apogee Prepress
Agfa/Screen Avalon  •  Xerox iGen  •  Versant 180  •  Iridesse  •  Mark Andy  •  Heidelberg  •  Kirk-Rudy

Joe

Good luck with rev 4 then. I don't see those issues in the change log. :angry:

EmptyWords

yea, I am hoping, I was e-mailing them with the errors from past versions, but they stopped responding after a while, guess if it keeps showing up with the newer versions, I will have to start a service call.

Joe

Quote from: EmptyWords on July 30, 2008, 12:51:22 PMyea, I am hoping, I was e-mailing them with the errors from past versions, but they stopped responding after a while, guess if it keeps showing up with the newer versions, I will have to start a service call.

Glad to hear it's not just me they start ignoring after awhile. :laugh:

Joe

Okay, 8.6 rev 4 was there yesterday. Today I don't see it. Can anyone else still see it on the DL center?

Edit: Just talked to support. It's been pulled. They recommend not using it if you have already downloaded it.

EmptyWords

I checked the download center after I saw your posts @ "the other forum" it was there and I was able to download, I also checked it this a.m. and the option to download rev 4 is still there. I have been running the rev 4 now for about a week, so far so good, but I am still a bit nervous since several have stated that support have "pulled" rev 4. Makes me wonder exactly what cause the retraction.

whoami

has anyone tried using any device links with REV 4?  I have been having trouble with Rev 3 and 4 with device links not being recognized. 

Joe

Yeah, they have put rev 4 back up. I haven't heard anything back from support so I assume they got the LEN output and Shuttle problems fixed. Would have been nice to label it 8.6 rev 4.1 or something but they didn't.

whoami, device links for what?

T

Rev 4 for me for about a week also with no problems.. :shocked:

whoami

Quote from: Joe on August 06, 2008, 10:22:00 AMYeah, they have put rev 4 back up. I haven't heard anything back from support so I assume they got the LEN output and Shuttle problems fixed. Would have been nice to label it 8.6 rev 4.1 or something but they didn't.

whoami, device links for what?

We usually use device links when we send to our HP machines or to our Epson. 

Joe

Ahhhh, I don't use device links so I can't help you there.

Thanks for the info T, I'm going to install it tonight. Web growth option is supposed to be working in Total RIP. Looking forward to resolving this issue after about 3 years of hair pulling.