That annoying marks moving w/ shingling thingy

Started by born2print, September 24, 2007, 10:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

NOTE to Prinergy users that use Preps as floating - launched through Workshop:
To make marks NOT move with creep (shingle) here's how:
1) Use Text edit to open file AraxiPreps/Profiles/PrepsPrinergy/PrepsPrinergy.cfg
2) Find type "ShingleCropMarks: YES" and change YES to "NO"
3) Save and close config file.

Note, If you run Preps from the desktop, you do the same change to the Preps.cfg file and need to do it on each workstation....I think.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

LRob

Thanks Born
I'll try that. I hate when the marks move.  :ninja:

born2print

'welcome...
hey you misspelled Chargers, it's "Go Chargers"
 :ninja:

Ear

I thought it was spelled "Cowboys suck almost as bad as the Raiders"  ;)
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

jimking

Quote from: born2print on September 25, 2007, 10:49:53 AM'welcome...
If you're a Chargers fan I feel for you. Norv Turner was our coach (the Skins) for 7 long miserable years. I met the guy, very friendly, but he doesn't seem to motivate players well because I think he's too laid back unfortunately. In the long run some players take advantage of him I think.

born2print

Quote from: jimking on September 25, 2007, 11:53:45 AM
Quote from: born2print on September 25, 2007, 10:49:53 AM'welcome...
If you're a Chargers fan I feel for you. Norv Turner was our coach (the Skins) for 7 long miserable years. I met the guy, very friendly, but he doesn't seem to motivate players well because I think he's too laid back unfortunately. In the long run some players take advantage of him I think.
Yep, a lot of talk regarding that type of thing... Still a good team right now IMO, we'll see if he can do better here!

Aaron

Quote from: born2print on September 24, 2007, 10:24:35 AMNOTE to Prinergy users that use Preps as floating - launched through Workshop:
To make marks NOT move with creep (shingle) here's how:
1) Use Text edit to open file AraxiPreps/Profiles/PrepsPrinergy/PrepsPrinergy.cfg
2) Find type "ShingleCropMarks: YES" and change YES to "NO"
3) Save and close config file.

Note, If you run Preps from the desktop, you do the same change to the Preps.cfg file and need to do it on each workstation....I think.

Do you know if this will work with a Brisque workflow? I hate it when those marks move. And we run preps off a MAC. So I wonder what that cfg file would be named and where that bad boy is??
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

born2print

Yes, you can change the config for Preps whether on Prinergy of Brisque. Config file should be on your local drive if I understand your setup correctly (Dongled Preps on workstation.) (Ours is on the Prinergy primary by contrast.)

ps: Your arm's off...

Joe

Are you using Preps through Brisque or standalone? If it's standalone you just edit the Preps config file in your Preps folder on the Mac.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Aaron

No we are using it to send impo's to the Brisque

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Joe

Just edit your Preps config file then on the Mac. Open in TextEditor.

Aaron

Where is the preps config file? I did a search on my MAC and it didn't come up with anything. At least the name of the file isn't the same as on a PC.

born2print

For Prinergy with permanent floating licenses of Pro:
Primary / AraxiPreps / PrepsPrinergy / PrepsPrinergy.cfg

For Brisque with static Preps (dongled to specific workstation(s)):
Search the local for PrepsPrinergy.cfg?

Joe

In standalone Preps you have a config file for each device. Look in the "Profiles" within the Preps application folder and edit the config file in each device folder that you use.

born2print

I sure love this place, I couldn't remember where the config files were so here I am,
"thanks born" :laugh: :laugh: