Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

Digi-widgy crappy-wappy shovel-pooh?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

pspdfppdfxhd

I'll run that by the wife when "BOOMER" expires.....

Lukas

Don't know if I'm late (lost my password) but her is my 2 1/2 cents.
We had that kind of streaks. They go along the path of the laser, they are white on a negative film this means that the laser is skipping one or more revolutions.
Check that the film is not scratcked, it may be crystalisations of chemistry scratching the emulsion, crystals can form at different places so the scratch may move.
One more thing on the physical side is if your roller coggs are worn causing the flim to move jerkily and that may cause the streaks to come and go.

Possible electronic sources are as said above the cable,
but there are other possible factors. A temporary drop in power (do you have a power stabiliser).
Or had problems with a hard disk on our printdrive causing dropouts.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Okay PDFPSTWAFTPXYZ, I talked to my AGFA tech. I explained your situation and the problems you are having. Here are his suggestions, (I am paraphrasing):

The line problem can be a lot of different things. Most have been touched on in this thread... Humidity, cleanliness, maintenance. If the optics in the machine, or any of the moving parts are hampered, you could/would display symptoms like described. It is imperative that the machine is serviced, and/or at least thoroughly cleaned. Take compressed air, and a vacuum cleaner and really clean it. Make sure all moving parts are not causing friction and/or weird noises. Lubricate if necessary. Clean all the filters, and especially any area that comes in contact with film, make sure there are NO obstructions.

Another thing he suggested, is making sure the machine transferring data to the Avantra is on the cuff. He explained about how for instance PrintDrive could be sending data, dropping connections, then reestablishing the connections and transferring, but the data that was dropped is not resent. This would NOT be an Avantra issue, so maybe you might want to rule that out before cleaning, even though HE highly recommended it.

The last thing he suggested, is to replace THE cable. Only as a last resort, after all else fails.

He gave me his direct number, so anything you need... let me know. I hope this helps.
Member #285 - Civilian

pspdfppdfxhd

Thanks for the effort DCS, i appreciate this. I'm going to print this out and show it to my boss. I'll keep you posted but the funny thing is the problem has not occured for the past week. But at least we have an attack plan to try to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian