Role Call!! Sword plates and Staccato

Started by Aaron, November 10, 2008, 11:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

I know I already posted this in the CTP section. But I was wondering if we can get a role call for everyone running the Kodak Sword plate and printing in staccato.

I just seem to see a lot of people doing it and the ones that do, don't for very long.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

DCurry

Getting ready to switch to Sword early next year. I think the problems stem from using 20-micron and smaller. We do 25 (currently on Fuji plates), so hopefully it'll be ok.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

This doesn't have anything to do with the topic title but I just want to throw this warning out here to other users of the KODAK SWORD EXCEL plates.

We've been using KODAK SWORD EXCEL plates for less than a year and if you walk into our plate room you will find that almost everything is coated with a green dust like film though it's grainier and thicker than dust and almost impossible to clean up. The techs that service our Luscher CTP's say we have to stop using these plates because that dust is destroying our CTP units. We are looking for replacement plates right now.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pmhapp

Quote from: DCurry on November 11, 2008, 12:50:25 PMGetting ready to switch to Sword early next year. I think the problems stem from using 20-micron and smaller. We do 25 (currently on Fuji plates), so hopefully it'll be ok.

Don't do it man.

LRob

Quote from: Joe on November 11, 2008, 01:03:09 PMThis doesn't have anything to do with the topic title but I just want to throw this warning out here to other users of the KODAK SWORD EXCEL plates.

We've been using KODAK SWORD EXCEL plates for less than a year and if you walk into our plate room you will find that almost everything is coated with a green dust like film though it's grainier and thicker than dust and almost impossible to clean up. The techs that service our Luscher CTP's say we have to stop using these plates because that dust is destroying our CTP units. We are looking for replacement plates right now.

We have a vacume unit hook up the our CTP. No dust problems there.

Quote from: DCurry on November 11, 2008, 12:50:25 PMGetting ready to switch to Sword early next year. I think the problems stem from using 20-micron and smaller. We do 25 (currently on Fuji plates), so hopefully it'll be ok.

Nope. Problems with 25 also. Ask Aaron

Joe

Quote from: LRob on November 11, 2008, 01:23:02 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 11, 2008, 01:03:09 PMThis doesn't have anything to do with the topic title but I just want to throw this warning out here to other users of the KODAK SWORD EXCEL plates.

Look inside your vacuum unit and see what you see. Our CTP uses forced air (blowing, not sucking) to clean the plates before imaging. Its a freaking mess in there right now.

LRob

Quote from: Joe on November 11, 2008, 01:26:14 PM

Look inside your vacuum unit and see what you see. Our CTP uses forced air (blowing, not sucking) to clean the plates before imaging. Its a freaking mess in there right now.

The vacuum unit does a great job. It is separate from the CTP and you can pop the top on the CTP and it is clean.
BTW.. Thank for not pointing out my misspelling :grin:

Joe

Quote from: LRob on November 11, 2008, 01:36:42 PM

The vacuum unit does a great job. It is separate from the CTP and you can pop the top on the CTP and it is clean.

Hmmmm...if the plate dust isn't in your CTP and isn't in your vacuum where does it go?

I'm not the grammar police but I'm sure they will be along sooner or later.

G_Town

Ahh the old EXCEL plate ablation I sure don't miss that (cleaning inside our lotem).

LRob

Quote from: Joe on November 11, 2008, 01:58:57 PM
Quote from: LRob on November 11, 2008, 01:36:42 PM

Hmmmm...if the plate dust isn't in your CTP and isn't in your vacuum where does it go?

I'm not the grammar police but I'm sure they will be along sooner or later.
Oh sorry Joe, it is in the vacuum, but the CTP is clean. Vacuum does a good job.

DCurry

I don't think I have a vacuum unit - since it is a standalone unit, I assume I would know if I had one, right? Maybe I'll ask about getting one put one during the switch.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!