Interactive PDF

Started by Aaron, September 01, 2009, 01:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Have you guys done something like this?

http://www.bluetoad.com/

We have a client that has requested this interactive PDF in addition to the print job. We've never had any request this on a bid before. Anyone making these and with what software?
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Tracy

not sure how you would make it interactive, interesting tho.

G_Town

It just simulates page turning right?

I've seen that before on web sites.

Aaron

Well, it also has a table of contents with active links in them. And a search, share and some other functions along the top. But basically a pdf with a fancy page turner.

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

tapdn

We publish all our mags online like that. I create a multipage, optimized PDF with links embedded and we send it to a company (Zmag) who specializes much like the link you posted. Not sure what process they use however or what they charge.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

gnubler

Our newspaper has something similar, but we don't do it here (the nerds at HQ do it).

There's another one made for Joomla websites that sells a license rather than charge per page.

http://page-flip-tools.com/Buy-Now/
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Aaron

That's interesting. So it appears to not be soemthing I could just buy and do-it-yourself. Good to know. Thanks fellers.

gnubler

Quote from: Aaron on September 01, 2009, 03:07:50 PMThanks fellers.

Yes! This avatar is working as planned. Party on!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Aaron

haha. party on...

David

The page turner do-dad is available in Indesign CS4 as a script.
Free of charge, as long as you have CS4.

just FYI
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on September 01, 2009, 06:02:19 PMThe page turner do-dad is available in Indesign CS4 as a script.
Free of charge, as long as you have CS4.

just FYI

Linky? Or is it already included with CS4 out of the box?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Aaron

Very cool! Looks like it has to be saved as a SWF. Now I just need to figure out how to create the buttons that are along the top. I see a button tool but I've never done it before. I create the button but it doesn't show up in the Shockwave file.

It's in the Window menu, interactive then page transitions.

David

it's in the page pallet fly out menu, called "page transitions", select "choose" and down in the bottom right corner is page flip. When it does it, it saves it as a swf file.

pretty slick
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

LoganBlade

Like I said in the where is B4Print going. I think this is covered in a Pod cast from the Idesigner. Michael Murphy. I know put videos was but I think it was the page turning thing as well. If i find it I will tell you the episode.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/YkxMa3ZIQVN0Ni92Wmc9PQ

you send it link to Quicktime Video (09/02) expires (09/08)
"dyslexics have more fnu"

beermonster

i made an interactive pdf for a digital prepress job spec sheet - works well - was a pita especially if buttons and boxes need to be tabbable

ya know - i rekon if ya do a search here somewhere you'll get info - i know folks on here helped me

the page flip aint in my acrobat then again i'm using acro 8 n 7 - prolly a 9 and onwards feature - but its all there in acrobat for you
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world