the best digital press?

Started by kermit, October 18, 2007, 08:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

Which one? I am looking to get digital press here (OK, fast color networked printer for some of you) and I am wondering about pros and cons of xerox versus other brands. Anyone has experience with them? What do you like and dislike? What front end do you use?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

doubting_thomas

Didn't you start a thread like this a couple of weeks ago?

jimking

Are you looking for a toner-variable data type press or a digital offset press? It really depends on what kind of work are you going to use it for.

kermit

Quote from: doubting_thomas on October 19, 2007, 10:56:45 AMDidn't you start a thread like this a couple of weeks ago?
No. I asked about Xerox digital presses but now I would like to see if there is something better?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

kermit

Quote from: jimking on October 19, 2007, 11:43:22 AMAre you looking for a toner-variable data type press or a digital offset press? It really depends on what kind of work are you going to use it for.
I am looking for iGen competitors. Is iGen toner based?