Free web hosting

Started by delooch, July 31, 2009, 03:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

for those of you wishing to dabble in web design

http://www.000webhost.com/

offers completely ad-free hosting, with some decent features.  worth a look!

gnubler

I'm trying to find the catch but I'm not seeing it. I went through an ordeal about a year ago looking for an ad-less free hosting deal (cuz I'm cheap). After trying 2 or 3 different hosts and discovering "the catch" after getting all signed up, I gave up. There has to be a catch.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

yeah, thats what i keep thinking too. i just signed an account last night. its pretty full-featured for a free host. i was expecting to see a banner placement or something across the top of the page. Ill report in if something shows up. Even for the paid accounts (i think its like $4 monthly paid yearly) you get a whole lot of features.

gnubler

I tried one of the free hosting deals, scoured through all the FAQs looking for the catch and didn't see it. After I signed up and entered all my info I learned that in order to have ad-free space you had to post in their forum x-number of times per month with "quality, helpful posts". WTF? I sent them a turd in the form of an email and cancelled my account.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david