Help! Missing image bars/bands on thermal direct plate

Started by Sammie, February 17, 2010, 08:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammie

As the kodak thermal direct plate comes out (landscape) of the trendsetter there is a 1" missing image bar/band down the middle and 3" missing image bar/band down the right side top to bottom on every size plate. We tried different batches of plates but the same bar/band shows up on all plates. Prinergy is the rip. Any ideas on what is causing this and what the solution would be?

Joe

Quote from: Sammie on February 17, 2010, 08:48:58 PMAs the kodak thermal direct plate comes out (landscape) of the trendsetter there is a 1" missing image bar/band down the middle and 3" missing image bar/band down the right side top to bottom on every size plate. We tried different batches of plates but the same bar/band shows up on all plates. Prinergy is the rip. Any ideas on what is causing this and what the solution would be?

Welcome to the forum Sammie. Someone will probably be around during the day Thursday that has a trendsetter. I don't so I can't be much help but someone will come along that hopefully can help.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

beermonster

hello sammie and welcome

in prinergy can you preview the artwork/sheet layouts? does it show up in prinergy? if it DOES it isnt a plate issue

if it doesnt then its possibly a laser issue - but first you need to narrow down where the fault lies
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Sammie

The preview in Prinergy is ok even on the virtual proof. Also, the missing images move around the plate from one plate to the next.

Are these the symptoms of a laser problem?

beermonster

well if the "preview" is ok - what is the exact NEXT step in the process? (imaging and development being the last)

does prinergy THEN rip the job?

Farabomb

Heh, my imagesetter is now loosing it's shit and imaging strange bands at random intervals. I love my job.  :banghead:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

beermonster

David

need to borrow my BFH?
that's what we call the micro adjusting tool here (Big Fuckin* Hammer)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

beermonster

:offtopic: :laugh:

thats a knockometer or a power screwdriver

<snorkkk> i said "screw" <snork>

DigitalCrapShoveler

DId I ever show you guys the picture of the filter on our Imagesetter B4 I cleaned it? This was a few years ago, I'll have to see if I can find it... utterly amazing. Stand by.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

Me and the old PlateMaker spent the afternoon chiseling the Developer stalagmites off the housing. The inside smelled like nothing I could possible describe. This is how my Manager does things. Amazing the thing still worked. Every bit of that machine was misused and neglected. We sold it last year for $800. We bought it for $120,000. Sad.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

oh........my........god!

that is friggen insane!

amazing that you had the forethought to take a picture and save it.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

I had to, no would ever believe me. I thought is was actually kinda cool at first, till I started in on it. It was like plastic encased in stone.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

I call anything that images to a plate an imagesetter. My brother calls any high res proof an Iris. Might not be exactly right but it gets the idea across.  :grin:

I have an assortment of BFH's here and at the subaru shop. If a hammer doesn't fix it, you need a bigger hammer.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Sammie

Quote from: beermonster on February 18, 2010, 04:55:17 AMhello sammie and welcome

in prinergy can you preview the artwork/sheet layouts? does it show up in prinergy? if it DOES it isnt a plate issue

if it doesnt then its possibly a laser issue - but first you need to narrow down where the fault lies

It was the laser.  The Kodak response center first diagnosed it as a software problem. It took a lot of calls to Kodak to get the same solution. One post here and I got a solution. You rock! :cool: