Going Digital... Like everyone else. Advise.

Started by Aaron, March 03, 2011, 03:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

I thought Kodak told me it needs a Creo frontend. Oh well. Still looking at both. I'm hoping for Creo really because the of VDP speed. I think XMpie is already going to be purchased so software is taken care of. But thanks for the heads up gnubler
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Joe

Quote from: Aaron on March 16, 2011, 11:50:54 AMI thought Kodak told me it needs a Creo frontend. Oh well. Still looking at both. I'm hoping for Creo really because the of VDP speed. I think XMpie is already going to be purchased so software is taken care of. But thanks for the heads up gnubler

Well you might be right but I don't see why it would need both Prinergy and a Creo RIP but Kodak is pretty good at creating revenue for themselves.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

youston

Quote from: Aaron on March 16, 2011, 11:50:54 AMI thought Kodak told me it needs a Creo frontend. Oh well. Still looking at both. I'm hoping for Creo really because the of VDP speed. I think XMpie is already going to be purchased so software is taken care of. But thanks for the heads up gnubler

Which flavor of XMPie are you buying -- uDirect or Personal Effect (with the servers and all)?

Aaron

Pretty sure the uDirect for now but eventually plan to move to the full boat. Gotta get our feet wet and see how it all works.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Since I was ranting about our Xerox 4110, I will rave here about our KM Bizhub 6500, sure it's a couple of years old. But it blows the pants off the Xerox in reliability and copy quality. It holds color pretty darn well too, until a PM happens. I'm beginning to loathe Xerox.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on March 23, 2011, 09:19:07 AMI'm beginning to loathe Xerox.

We recently got a 6501 to replace our Docucolor. We loathe The Big X also.

I'm quite pleased with the BizHub, except at this moment it's declared that it's out of staples (it's not) and refuses to print anything.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Gotta love the copier reality vs. human reality. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

It's fixed. Rep showed up with some staples within an hour or so. X never did that.

Possum

Whatever you get, pay attention to the environmental recommendations. I can tell you from experience with Xerox, any humidity or static electricity, and you can forget about smooth sailing with coated stock. I have to babysit the thing because of paper jams and doubles that get through. Doesn't help that the machine's in a corner with little heat or a/c and a leaky roof.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.