Fridays with Mordy

Started by Sally, March 04, 2011, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sally

Mordy Golding, who wrote the Real World Illustrator book if you've seen it, has a nifty little deal going. It's a free live tutorial/show on Illustrator where you can watch what he's doing and ask questions, every Friday.

http://fridays.mordy.com/
Nexus - Prinergy - DeskPack - CS5

frailer

Thanks for that link Sally. So much to follow/learn these days. We had a Mordy linky thing going here, but it's kinda lapsed a bit.
Worth a nudge on this one though. A lot of us here are now evolving into PDF-pushin' monkeys. (Apart from a guy called DCS, who apparently spends half his time in Illy these days...  :huh: ).
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Box jobs... more and more of it every day.
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 04, 2011, 05:42:51 PMBox jobs... more and more of it every day.

You're off the hook then.    :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Sally

Yes, it's box jobs for me as well with all manner of varnishes, whites and special inks, most of which the customer has no clue how to build. We went corporate a little while ago and we're using Hybrid to push PDFs between plants, but when we get raw files we usually turn to Illustrator to create seps they are lacking. We've got Neo, but it's just clunky for building white plates from scratch. As far as new stuff, we rolled out G7 this week, we're doing Nexus next week plus Lean Manufacturing and part two of Hybrid. And one of our sales team tells me her main client may switch to InDesign. I think my brain's about to start leaking. :)
Nexus - Prinergy - DeskPack - CS5

gnubler

A woman doing box jobs? DCS has met his match!  :whip:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Quote from: Sally on March 04, 2011, 07:20:39 PMAnd one of our sales team tells me her main client may switch to InDesign. I think my brain's about to start leaking. :)

Sounds like some of the 'leaky' bits may be of interest here.   :wink:   You've got a full schedule, by the looks.   But drop in when you can. And welcome.   :cool:

G_Town

Quote from: gnubler on March 04, 2011, 07:39:25 PMA woman doing box jobs? DCS has met his match!  :whip:

impossible, the center of the brain that can process box jobs is clogged with weight issues and thoughts of comfort food in women.

frailer

gnubler, you have a limited time frame to respond to this deliberately provocative statement. Before it parches in the sun. Or is it only sunny your way?   :undecided:

gnubler

I only just saw it - consider this a whippin', G_Town.  :whip:

Anyone who routinely puts together box jobs without killing coworkers should win some sort of prize.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

G_Town

ohh a little lower please :hello:

frailer

Quote from: G_Town on March 08, 2011, 04:33:45 PMohh a little lower please :hello:

Another closet S & M'er.    :rolleyes:

gnubler

Joe

You are pretty liberal with that whip too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.