Recent

Author Topic: Color conversion website  (Read 5062 times)

Offline jimking

• Ninja Member
  • Oh, not this shit again
Color conversion website
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:50:39 PM »
For years a used this site to convert pantone colors and the reverse, enter color percentages and it'll give you a close pantone color both coated and uncoated. Well, the site is now gone.

http://www.graphicdesign4print.com/Pantone/

Does anyone have a similar site they prefer?

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Color conversion website
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:06:57 PM »
That's because people that had those conversions on their web site were threatened by Pantone with cease & desist letters.
Mac OS 11.5.2 Big Sur | Prinergy 9.0.1.125 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 | TWO Fuji CTP Units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:08:26 PM »
I did find one here.

http://www.zedimage.com/pms-cmyk-hex.php

Might be a good idea to save that page to your computer so you still have it after the Pantone police gets to them too.
Mac OS 11.5.2 Big Sur | Prinergy 9.0.1.125 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 | TWO Fuji CTP Units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline jimking

• Ninja Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:17:18 PM »

That's because people that had those conversions on their web site were threatened by Pantone with cease & desist letters.

Why? Because they have the rights to 100-100-0-20= 250, Or 180= 100-100-0-0? If that is the case what the hell is the world coming to?

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »
PMS? :laugh:

Offline t-pat

• Ninja Master
  • is it Friday yet?
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »

Why? Because they have the rights to 100-100-0-20= 250, Or 180= 100-100-0-0? If that is the case what the hell is the world coming to?

Probably for using their trademarks "Pantone" & "Pantone Matching System" et cetera
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Offline NefariousDrO

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 04:58:23 PM »
If that site gets shut down you can do a similar thing in photoshop. Punch the numbers into the color, then click on the "color libraries" and it'll give you a close match in whichever color book you select from the list. Not always perfect, but it does help narrow the search.

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »

If that site gets shut down you can do a similar thing in photoshop. Punch the numbers into the color, then click on the "color libraries" and it'll give you a close match in whichever color book you select from the list. Not always perfect, but it does help narrow the search.

The reverse also works well.
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline Ear

• Fiya wata
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Nice Marmot, Man
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 05:29:30 PM »

The reverse also works well.

I use PS for this almost daily. Pretty dang accurate too. Clients think it's "magic".  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Online david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 05:37:45 PM »
it's Quark like?

damn, wish I woulda known.
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time
www.texasgraphics.com

Offline jimking

• Ninja Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 05:55:03 PM »

I was thinking quark also did this? I vaguely remember someone mentioning ps doing this. Thanks Nef.