Color conversion website

Started by jimking, November 18, 2011, 01:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

For years a used this site to convert pantone colors and the reverse, enter color percentages and it'll give you a close pantone color both coated and uncoated. Well, the site is now gone.

http://www.graphicdesign4print.com/Pantone/

Does anyone have a similar site they prefer?

Joe

That's because people that had those conversions on their web site were threatened by Pantone with cease & desist letters.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

I did find one here.

http://www.zedimage.com/pms-cmyk-hex.php

Might be a good idea to save that page to your computer so you still have it after the Pantone police gets to them too.

jimking

Quote from: Joe on November 18, 2011, 02:06:57 PMThat's because people that had those conversions on their web site were threatened by Pantone with cease & desist letters.
Why? Because they have the rights to 100-100-0-20= 250, Or 180= 100-100-0-0? If that is the case what the hell is the world coming to?

Joe

t-pat

Quote from: jimking on November 18, 2011, 02:17:18 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 18, 2011, 02:06:57 PMThat's because people that had those conversions on their web site were threatened by Pantone with cease & desist letters.
Why? Because they have the rights to 100-100-0-20= 250, Or 180= 100-100-0-0? If that is the case what the hell is the world coming to?

Probably for using their trademarks "Pantone" & "Pantone Matching System" et cetera
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

NefariousDrO

If that site gets shut down you can do a similar thing in photoshop. Punch the numbers into the color, then click on the "color libraries" and it'll give you a close match in whichever color book you select from the list. Not always perfect, but it does help narrow the search.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: NefariousDrO on November 18, 2011, 03:58:23 PMIf that site gets shut down you can do a similar thing in photoshop. Punch the numbers into the color, then click on the "color libraries" and it'll give you a close match in whichever color book you select from the list. Not always perfect, but it does help narrow the search.

The reverse also works well.
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 18, 2011, 04:14:07 PM
Quote from: NefariousDrO on November 18, 2011, 03:58:23 PMIf that site gets shut down you can do a similar thing in photoshop. Punch the numbers into the color, then click on the "color libraries" and it'll give you a close match in whichever color book you select from the list. Not always perfect, but it does help narrow the search.

The reverse also works well.

I use PS for this almost daily. Pretty dang accurate too. Clients think it's "magic".  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

it's Quark like?

damn, wish I woulda known.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

jimking

I was thinking quark also did this? I vaguely remember someone mentioning ps doing this. Thanks Nef.