CS6 Released today

Started by Grimace, April 23, 2012, 09:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: andyfest on May 08, 2012, 01:48:29 PMWhat a pile of bullshit. Because of the work we do in the pharma trade, NONE of our loaded workstations are connected on-line and we're not allowed to be EVER. So wtf now Adobe?

You beat me to it.

"ilcense status check" my azz.

Everything smells more and more like Skynet with each passing day.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on May 09, 2012, 09:10:55 AMEverything smells more and more like Skynet with each passing day.
wait a minute...

skynet

the cloud

well played, apple. thinly veiled, but we're on to you

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

Quote from: andyfest on May 08, 2012, 01:48:29 PM"Because your Creative Suite applications are installed directly on your computer, you will not need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis. However, you will need to be online when you install and license your software, and at least once every 30 days thereafter. The software will alert you when you need to connect to the Internet for a license status check."

What a pile of bullshit. Because of the work we do in the pharma trade, NONE of our loaded workstations are connected on-line and we're not allowed to be EVER. So wtf now Adobe?
Yeah, in my Wife's place of business (an ad agency) they have a secure area that does work for govt. agencies and it's just that - SECURE. The people in that environment only have internet access as allowed in a SCIF, and I wonder how this kind of limitation will affect running software that requires checks to an un-secure outside server. I'll have to remember to ask her if they plan on upgrading all their workstations or not.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

gnubler

Every time my Adobe Updater runs I cancel it.

beermonster

dumm ass question - this cloud con...errr release - some guy here is insisting you've been able to use creative suite in the same manner for quite some time - is that true?

i don't know that it's been possible - he insists it has
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Joe

Hi beer....

Not that I know of.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

There's some kind of Digital Publishing Suite that started last year that required some kind of subscription so that publishers could collaborate and upload stuff, but I don't think it involved the actual applications themselves.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Possum

Interesting. Last night I got sent a survey from a survey group I joined to make a little extra cash. Turns out it from Adobe, asking questions like do you plan to upgrade to CS6, what new features do you think you'll like, do you plan to start a subscription, etc. Seems to me they should have been asking this stuff before they changed all their upgrade policies and went up in the clouds. Oh, well, made $3 off the survey.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.