Downloadable templates

Started by jimking, March 12, 2013, 11:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

My boss is currently in the process of updating out website and making it more interactive. She's having it created in such a way that clients can pick a template, illy, PS, quark, Indy etc., download it and design their job and submit back to us as a print ready pdf. What she would like to know: are the templates formatted in a particular way in order for them to be uploaded to our site in order to be downloaded by a client? I've posted a site as an example of what I'm referring to. I suggested to her that I should just download a few of the templates and check them out, but she does not want to do that for some reason, thinking I suppose that it is stealing.  :hangme: Also, if it's the case that every conceivable size template created in every page design app, is there a site that offers all these for free or a fee? Thanks for any advice.   

http://www.uprinting.com/print-templates/

Joe

Probably just formatted in the application that created them and then zipped for upload download would be my guess.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

MCpwr

Quote from: Joe on March 12, 2013, 11:58:13 AMProbably just formatted in the application that created them and then zipped for upload download would be my guess.

I've done something similar in the past and that is all we did. I was never able to find a site that offered preset templates but did find a few here and there that I happened to barrow.  :grin:
Having more fun then you can shake a stick at since 1987!

jimking

Quote from: MCpwr on March 12, 2013, 12:13:02 PM
Quote from: Joe on March 12, 2013, 11:58:13 AMProbably just formatted in the application that created them and then zipped for upload download would be my guess.

I've done something similar in the past and that is all we did. I was never able to find a site that offered preset templates but did find a few here and there that I happened to barrow.  :grin:
Thanks for the replies! Yes I hear you---see my noose thingy in my original post. That implies in a secret, low key tone that yes, I want to just down load those free templates and use them as I wish but I've got a sissy standing over my shoulder.  :lmao:

gnubler

4Over has a bunch.

You'll still end up getting JPGs or totally screwed up templates from desighners who think they are helping.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

guaranteed they'll at least change the artboard for you. Helping, you know?
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

Or draw in their own marks where they think they should go.  :sleepy:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

jimking

Thanks everyone. Believe it or not I found template heaven.

Joe

Quote from: jimking on March 13, 2013, 08:19:35 AMThanks everyone. Believe it or not I found template heaven.

???

Share?

StudioMonkey

Quote from: jimking on March 13, 2013, 08:19:35 AMThanks everyone. Believe it or not I found template heaven.

Do tell
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Joe

jimking

Look closer. That link pops up photoshop templates. Beside the PS logo is Indy, Illy, Quark.

I posted too soon and didn't realize you did look closer. Yes I agree, red flags to all PS template users.

Joe

Quote from: jimking on March 13, 2013, 09:41:46 AMLook closer. That link pops up photoshop templates. Beside the PS logo is Indy, Illy, Quark.

I posted too soon and didn't realize you did look closer. Yes I agree, red flags to all PS template users.

They should add a virus to all of the Photoshop templates! :laugh: