KODAK process free plates

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, December 02, 2014, 12:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Ear on December 02, 2014, 06:14:01 PMI want to know who would buy a 4up platesetter for an 8up press in the first place? :huh:

Probably some bean counter who decided to save money they could just tape 2 sets of pates together. :hangme:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

.... and take twice as long to burn plates. I burn over 100 plates, 8 up per day... sometimes 200. I cannot imagine having to pull double duty on plate burning. Nothing would get done.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

But he probably saved them $50K upfront...even though it probably cost them $500K over time because of it. But that doesn't count.

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

pspdfppdfxhd

99 percent of our work is 4 color on 4up presses. the old heidelberg 2 color only gets inked up a couple of times a month. but yeah, who tapes frikken plates 

Farabomb

That explains the  :drunk3:  every third word.  :drunk3:

How many Kegarators  :drunk3: you got in  :drunk3:  that place?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

What is a "Kegragator" if I should dare ask?

pspdfppdfxhd

Joe

andyfest

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 04, 2014, 11:49:26 AMWhat is a "Kegragator" if I should dare ask?

It's perfect if you are into homebrewing. Put a draft tap on the fridge and voila...55L of frothy goodness.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

RMPrepress

We made the move to the Kodak Sonora plates about 6 months ago and are happy so far.

We were using a Fuji plate previously and our vendor could no longer sell the plate because Fuji was eliminating the middle man.
The vendor then tried to sell us on the Kodak Sonora. We tested it for about 2 months on 2 40 inch Heidelberg presses running everything you could imagine with them and while it was a big change getting used to not being able to really see anything that you can check on the plate before sending it out to the press, we are not looking back now and have no regrets.

Seeing slug lines was an issue, especially on say a 6x9 32pg on 25x38 where the slug from Preps would be about 6pt and just about unreadable.  So I added huge slug lines in the plate bend at each corner of the plates that include all the info any could or would ever need know about each plate.   I have our Nexus RIP to all work picking up the info from the JDF files. I just had to create the slugs and tell them where to go ....very happy platemaker and pressman!!
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 10.0 and Kodak Proofing System 10.1
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Farabomb on December 03, 2014, 08:37:12 AMThat explains the  :drunk3:  every third word.  :drunk3:

How many Kegarators  :drunk3: you got in  :drunk3:  that place?

hey, i have standards when it comes to drinking. i only drink at night. (all night). 55L of frothy goodness? have to check into this....

David

I never drink alone, or when I'm by myself.  maybe.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: david on December 10, 2014, 11:07:47 AMI never drink alone, or when I'm by myself.  maybe.

George Thoroughgood? Is he still alive.?