Bluetooth Earbud Suggestions

Started by Slappy, February 09, 2017, 09:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

No way I'm paying the Apple Tax for their set, but anybody use a decent, under $50 pair of bluetooth earbuds? Seems to the thing at work for everybody in here to plug in & zone out while working and I'm constantly trying to navigate the cord coming out of the back of the giant iMac. They don't have to handle a lot of movement like being at a gym or running etc. I'm sedentary ffs!!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

I refuse to pay an arm and leg for them like Beats or Bose. (Just saw a set by Bose for $9,999.00 but it is covered by Prime so you get free shipping.  :rotf:  ) For about $20 - $30 you can get a set that works pretty well but plan on replacing them about every 6 months. Usually the batteries get to where they no longer hold a charge and as far as I know the batteries can't be replaced. Look at Amazon and read the reviews.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Just_A_Mac_Guy

I am on my 3rd pair since October... 1 lost sound in the left ear, 2nd mega uncomfortable and kept popping out of my ear, 3rd has lousy signal and sound cut in and out while in a car.
A reliable, comfortable, pair would be a godsend...

Tracy

My husband got a pair that wraps behind the neck, I will see what brand they are

Tracy

His Earbuds are called Back Beat Fit
He won them at his Company Christmas Party.

Joe

Eeeeek...those run over $80 on Amazon. I'd be afraid to pay that much the way I go through them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I have a pair of $25 Anker ones that work great but the sound is not that amazing. I've actually gone back to my wired ones because I'm real anal about sound quality. My pressman loves his pair, the GF likes hers but she also likes the wired ones. If you want wireless, expect not the best sound quality. If you buy Bose or <shudder>Beats</shudder> REALLY don't expect the best sound quality.

For the price, these are pretty damn good though.

http://deals.kinja.com/cut-the-cord-with-your-favorite-bluetooth-earbuds-now-1792182646
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

Not bad, the way they in the ear has me a little concerned, I guess it's to keep the in place for more active users. I saw this pair of Klipsch on a Newegg email blast just today, pretty close to what I'd pay and they get decent reviews most places.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Farabomb

Having those horsecollars over my ears would drive me nuts. The pressman here had one where it was a collar and the buds came from that. Still hokey as hell but I realize you have to put the batteries somewhere.

The anker ones come with 3 different size buds and those little doohickies to keep them in your ear.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

yeah hubby an auto tech so prolly works for him.
He gave me a pair without the neck thing but I haven't used them yet.
I need to get on that!

Farabomb

Best thing about being part of a shop is we actually play good music in the bays.

Also helps when the GF calls frantic about the coolant all over the engine bay when she went to check the oil at the gas station. AAA and a tow later she's already in the shop getting it fixed. We're not even open Mondays.  ;D

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job