Preps 5.3 for sale

Started by tinacpc, April 11, 2017, 05:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinacpc

We have a copy of Preps 5.3 with dongle for sale. It's installed on a G5 running OS X 10.5.8 and has been running well for many years. We can include the Mac and all historical disks. Any offer will be considered.

Farabomb

Good luck on the sale.

It's and extremely old version that requires a unsupported version of OSX. I know because I'm still running it. It's still a perfectly good imposition program and would be great for a small shop that's still imposing in indesign.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Actually, we currently impose in CWS and InDesign, so we could definitely use it. I wouldn't know what kind of reasonable offer to make, though?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 12, 2017, 09:06:18 AMActually, we currently impose in CWS and InDesign, so we could definitely use it. I wouldn't know what kind of reasonable offer to make, though?

You have a Mac you can run Preps 5.x on?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Yes. We have several here. It will run on OSX and we have several old ones that will never be updated because of PrintSmith
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 12, 2017, 11:00:45 AMYes. We have several here. It will run on OSX and we have several old ones that will never be updated because of PrintSmith

OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) is the last version it will run on.

Tracy

I think a Mac is in the offer with it.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on April 12, 2017, 11:14:52 AMI think a Mac is in the offer with it.

Didn't even notice that. :cane:

tinacpc

Yup, you can have the Mac with it installed. It's a G5 running 10.5.8. We have used this machine for Preps only for about 9-10 years. It's attached to our internal network only and does nothing else but Preps. Also, it is Preps Pro version 5.3.3.

malam

how much do you expect?
if you want talk to me.
Mohammed Alam

Slappy

Quote from: Farabomb on April 12, 2017, 06:03:20 AMIt's still a perfectly good imposition program and would be great for a small shop that's still imposing in indesign.
That's us! Absolutely kills me inside every time I have to bludgeon a job to get it prepared. They haven't had enough heartbreak & lost time yet to understand how that nonsense doesn't cut it in a high-volume environment though. They will.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

There is an indesign imposition plug in, I use it for weird sizes going to the copiers
I don't like it too much tho, It creates a pdf for the link, why? it already has a link
I usually relink to my original link.
Not liking it too much as I already have most templates for my copy jobs.