Any Quite Imposing Users?

Started by Slappy, February 14, 2018, 02:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 21, 2018, 03:42:34 PMThank you!

I double clicked on the .wflow file a bunch of times and nothing happened. I renamed it to .workflow and then it launched, finally.
I changed it upfront. Thanks for the 'research'.   :P
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

pspdfppdfxhd

Has anyone ever managed to insert a work and turn signature with Quite Imposing?

DigiCorn

I *have*. I *think* I had to rotate the pages in Acrobat prior to imposition.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

been so long since I used quite imposing but I remember it being quite awesome!!

pspdfppdfxhd

I really like it for many different things but have not been able to figure out the way to do a work and turn. Just did a manual imposition as we do not really do alot of books here.

I had asked the tech support when we had it and they mentioned something about writing an xml script and I just gave up on it.

DigiCorn

I only had access to a very old version of Quite. The one I had was very remedial. It was like v 1.5 or v2. I think I imposed my W&Turn as a 4-up, but rotated the pages in Acrobat before impo to trick Quite into making a W&Turn. I don't think the version I had offered the option, or if it did, I don't think it worked quite right.

Until I came to my *current* (I use the term loosely, because I'm not entirely sure I work there anymore) purely digital shop, I primarily used Preps for everything. For digital, I use CWS and the impose dongle to do my electronic stripping. I really only used Quite for page numbering, or for the white out option on scans that the originals were 3-hole drilled and I needed to removed the shadowing.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

It is still pretty archaic in the way you have to impose but you can record the actions as a sequence and use it again for future use.

You have to enter something like this for an 8 page form for sheetwork: 8> 5< 1> 4< 6> 7< 5> 2< with the <> causing a rotation but that will not work with a work and turn form. It worked great on an 88 page book that was 11 equal forms but many jobs we might do contains a work and turn.

pspdfppdfxhd

But I use Quite for many other tricks that I could not do without it.

Joe

I don't have quite imposing but a Work and Turn is about as simple as you can get in imposing something. For example here is a Work and Turn Preps template. I would think you could duplicate this in Quite Imposing without much trouble.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

I know, preps is pretty easy, i have used it in the past when we did more books. Quite is more "code like" when setting things up. Hard to explain unless you use it but you can record what you do and play back when needed. For example, you have to setup your registration marks, color bars, sideguides, etc. on a separate pdf and drop them in as "pdf pages" in your sequence. The imposition will only include pages and trim marks. I think i will contact Quite again and ask them for the script they had sent. I am about 30 percent smarter with coding now than i used to be so i may be able to figure it out.

Joe

Sounds rather imposing to me. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, rather. It is kinda challenging and addictive however. Ya just gotta figure it out damnit!

Rodi

I always liked the shift a page or even pages or odd pages feature in Quite Imposing. Qoppa PDF Studio, with some work can do all of this too. I like that program a lot.
Gabba Gabba Hey

DigiCorn

Back in the day I used the masking tape feature of Quite (and page numbering) frequently for digital work. Specifically to cover binder holes (or spiral drill holes) on scanned documents.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway