Recent

Author Topic: 5g Phones  (Read 7048 times)

Offline DigiCorn

• Terrorizing humans since 1971
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Clerks.
Re: 5g Phones
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 03:03:04 PM »
I did get the iPhone 11 Pro 256gb for something like $37 a month for 2 years on my wireless plan. It's been far less hassle/maintenance than the Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge I had previous, but honestly, I don't like it as much. As far as tablets go, my iPad mini 2 died... well, I got pissed and busted it by essentially crushing the board... and I got an iPad mini 4 for $140 used, and I love it. But for a phone, there's something I like better about the Android.... can't put my finger on it. I feel like I have more control of it's usage and features than I do with Apple. Maybe it's because I like to tinker.

Also, I feel like with Android, I can fuck with it, drop it, water it, freeze it, whatever... but I feel like Apple is more delicate and I have to baby it. As far as tvs go, Android TVs suck. I tried Boxee, WD, and a slew of other boxes but nothing compares to Roku... and if you really want to just have true web on your tv, add a Chromecast.

And FUCK Amazon and all their stupid devices. I'll buy everything under the sun from them, but Amazon Fire, TV, etc. all suck. Unless you just want an old school e-reader.
"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 03:38:37 PM »
I've tried all of the streaming boxes. The Apple TV 4K is my favorite by far. The Fire TV Cube is OK. It would be my second favorite. Not a fan of Roku at all.
Mac OS 11.5.2 Big Sur | Prinergy 9.0.1.125 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 | TWO Fuji CTP Units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline scottrsimons

• Prepress/IT/Automation
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 03:56:11 PM »
Joe, since you like the Apple TV 4K, is it a lot better than the old Apple TV. Used to love Roku, but now using Fire stick and PS4 the most. PS4 because of the simplicity, as I game a lot in the basement, and the way I have it setup it is just easier to use it for streaming.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 04:04:09 PM »
The Apple TV 4K is the first one I have owned or used so I can't answer that. It has the A10 CPU in it and it is by far faster than any other streaming box I have used (Fire TV, Fire TV Cube and Roku) and the picture quality is great. I would not buy a new one right now as it is rumored that Apple is about to drop a new one with the A12 chip.
Mac OS 11.5.2 Big Sur | Prinergy 9.0.1.125 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 | TWO Fuji CTP Units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline DigiCorn

• Supreme Ninja
    • Clerks.
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 04:27:58 PM »
Never had Apple TV as they weren't around when I was demo-ing boxes. Can't imagine anything better than Roku. Boxee had da shit! back int he day, and by far the best remote, with a full QWERTY keyboard on the back, but it was open source, and the Boxee nerds on the forums were ALL fucking assholes.
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 04:39:38 PM »
EVERY streaming box remote sucks. Harmony is your friend if you don't mind spending big bucks on it.

Offline scottrsimons

• Prepress/IT/Automation
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 07:58:09 AM »
What's wrong with having 6 remotes next to your chair for TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, Cable, and HDMI Switch? Plus it keeps others in the house from messing with the TV.  :dev2:

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2020, 08:12:55 AM »
I've got 4 at my TV because I am too cheap to pay $200 - $400 for a Harmony remote.

Offline DigiCorn

• Supreme Ninja
    • Clerks.
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2020, 11:54:06 AM »
Let's see... our main TV came with 2 remotes - one standard remote and then one with like a touchpad/microphone combo (https://www.amazon.com/Sony-RMFYD003-Touch-Remote-Control/dp/B013LIO6NY). Then we have the satellite, blu-ray, and surround sound/amplifier remote, which is a total of 5. Other rooms are equally as bad, with HDMI switch remote, Roku remote, TV remote, stereo/amp remote, DVD/blu-ray remote, and then gaming system controls.
– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2020, 11:59:02 AM »
For a mere $269.99 you can replace all of them with a single Logitech Harmony Elite Remote Control, Hub and App

Offline david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 12:51:14 PM »
I use all my remotes as part of the living room decor...

it's so 2020

:rotf:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time
www.texasgraphics.com

Offline scottrsimons

• Prepress/IT/Automation
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »
I forgot to add my massive PS3 remote, which I basically only use for a BluRay/DVD player these days.

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2020, 12:55:15 PM »

it's so 2020

:lmao:
He stated their PDF's are 99.9% accurate and I replied we prefer 100% accuracy.

Offline Possum

• Ninja Member
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 01:00:04 PM »

it's so 2020

Of course! Who needs coffee table books when you can just spread out the tasteful array of remotes?
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Offline david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »
all arranged artfully on the table...  or the arm of the couch... or maybe in the other room...

where's the tv remote?

:hangme:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time
www.texasgraphics.com