Prepress/Sheetfed for Dummies

Started by G_Town, January 04, 2019, 09:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

We have a new person working at a big customer who has no printing experience  :facepalm: and I am looking for some resources to send to her. I used to have a great site that went over screening, imposition, basic color theory etc.. but now I can't find the page.

Anyone have a site like this in mind?

Thanks

DigiCorn

nothing for the clueless employee, but here's a site to help YOU out: https://us.glock.com/
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

G_Town

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

scottrsimons

Or you could tell them to go find a PocketPal. I have been using one, and getting it updated since I was in printing. Always keep it around. I remember the last few times, I just asked one of our vendors if they knew where I could get one, and they just provided me one. Very nice.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Slappy

Critical question: Do they actually WANT to learn, or...
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

G_Town

Quote from: Slappy on January 06, 2019, 02:55:54 PMCritical question: Do they actually WANT to learn, or...

Yes, rare I know.

DigiCorn

Quote from: G_Town on January 07, 2019, 09:46:08 AM
Quote from: Slappy on January 06, 2019, 02:55:54 PMCritical question: Do they actually WANT to learn, or...

Yes, rare I know.
...and then you get them all trained up, and one day they go to lunch and never come back.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Quote from: scottrsimons on January 04, 2019, 12:30:36 PMOr you could tell them to go find a PocketPal. I have been using one, and getting it updated since I was in printing. Always keep it around. I remember the last few times, I just asked one of our vendors if they knew where I could get one, and they just provided me one. Very nice.
I still have one too! 13th edition  :D
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?