Pitstop convert to CMYK fail

Started by DCurry, October 07, 2016, 08:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

That doesn't make any sense, that's not how it should work.
If there are embedded profiles they should be honoured as the source profile.
Can you contact our support team please so they can take a look. support@enfocus.com

DCurry

abc, are you suggesting that DigiCorn contact support, or me? I changed to Little CMS per Joe's suggestion and the action list worked as expected. I did not strip out any profiles.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

mattbeals

Switch the color management settings in the PitStop preferences to use Little CMS. There is no more Adobe CMS available. Little CMS will give you excellent results and is cross platform.

You'll probably want to tweak the profiles used for the conversion. But at least changing the CMS should fix it.

If an object is tagged with an ICC profile, that profile will be used as the source profile.
If an object is NOT tagged with an ICC profile, then the Enfocus color management default profiles are used.
Your target/destination color space is dictated by the output intent if one is available. If one is not available, then the default destination profile in the color management preferences is used.

There is an order in which the profiles are used if you are really worried about it. But the fundamental lesson is when an object is not tagged with a profile AND you use PitStop to convert color, then you are using the PitStop color management settings. Get those wrong, get junk results. Get them right, get good results.

You really don't want to be stripping away profiles. It is ideal to convert them between spaces. Understandably many people simply strip them because "it works".

This still basically holds true: http://automatetheworkflow.com/cms/
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.