News:

Main Menu

Symphony and Curve Pilot

Started by G_Town, April 10, 2017, 12:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Anyone have curves in Symphony that they need in IE Curve Pilot? Been told to just manually key them in....screw that. I can take curves generated in Curve 3 software and save out a .TED file and import them directly just need to know who to go from Symphony to Curve Pilot. Any idears?

DigiCorn

I didn't know you could apply curves in Symphony. Our pressman does all Symphony related stuff, and he's out today. I'll check in with him about it later this week.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

G_Town

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 10, 2017, 12:59:42 PMI didn't know you could apply curves in Symphony. Our pressman does all Symphony related stuff, and he's out today. I'll check in with him about it later this week.

Pressman? sacrilege!

DigiCorn

He came back... must have just taken a long lunch.

Turns out, I probably can't help you. The way things work over here is we just send the file to the RIP, imposed, and the pressman's job is to process the file, etc. and make plates. I know we have Symphony, but it was just today I found out it's on an XP machine, and is a version never upgraded since about 2003. He let me look at it, but all I saw was a way to import and utilize an ICC profile, but no .ted or any other kind of files.

I don't know about newer versions, but the only way to create a curve or to linearize was to do so manually.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway