Acento (Screen Platerite Error E018A Door won't open)

Started by Santa, September 26, 2012, 10:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa

Just started getting this error code on our Acento (Screen Platerite Error E018A Door won't open).  And you guessed it door won't open.  It seems like a sensor or actuator might be out. 

We can manually open the door (screwdriver into hole manually unlocks) but was wondering if anyone has any experience with this error and replacing sensors.

DigiCorn

Only when there was actually a "hidden" jammed plate in there actually causing the pseudo error
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Santa

I'm inclined to use the screw driver method as I'm sure it's a $1,000 sensor by the time my guy services it.   :ohno:

Ear

I've had this happen b4. The door latch is popped by a solenoid, which is probably failing. I had to replace mine once.

Another problem... if the door has ever been slammed, it will bend the striker latch. I've had to take a pair of pliers and bend mine back after someone was too rough with the machine. If you can hear the solenoid pop, then maybe a minor adjustment is in order. The whole mechanism is easily accessible by removing a few screws under the loading bed and should have some adjustment being that it is mounted on sliding screw holes.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Santa

Thanks Earendil.......we noticed that there was no POP so it's probably the solenoid...do you recall where you purchased the replacement from?  Usually we go to Cooper electronics.

Ear

I got mine from Bay Digital... they are West Coast and are our usual tech support but I'm sure your usual contact will be able to get the part. They shipped it and it was an easy install so I just did it myself. I think you buy the majority of the latch assembly where the solenoid is located as it is a one-piece part. The striker-latch is probably fine.

There should be a manual release tab poking off the side. I remember running with the bottom cover of the platen off for a few days, popping it manually until the part came.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

andyfest

Quote from: Santa on September 26, 2012, 10:25:48 AMJust started getting this error code on our Acento (Screen Platerite Error E018A Door won't open).  And you guessed it door won't open.  It seems like a sensor or actuator might be out. 

We can manually open the door (screwdriver into hole manually unlocks) but was wondering if anyone has any experience with this error and replacing sensors.
Could be the keyway or sensor on the door latch. We've replaced the whole unit a couple of times on our Fuji (Screen) platesetter. We also keep a spare key for those infrequent times that the platesetter thinks the door is still open when it's not.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

DigiCorn

Quote from: Earendil on September 26, 2012, 01:18:36 PMI got mine from Bay Digital...
oh you'll get yours all right. They're terrible. Whatever problem you have, DON'T hire Bay Digital. They're guaranteed to make it worse. If they sold you a part, and didn't give you the third degree, or totally hard sell you on installing it, consider yourself lucky. They f---ed up our Screen, and totally ruined a Palladio at my old shop.

On the Palladio, there was a problem with the chain that raises the plate cassette. He spent two full days trying to figure how to install it before GIVING UP and leaving, and still billed for all the time. The pressman ended up figuring out how to install it with no previous knowledge in about 2 hours.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Man, I completely disagree about Bay Digital. They have been my service agency for over 6 years and have not once done me wrong. They are fast and always fix what they need to. Also, they go above and beyond by giving their cell phone # to me and answering any time... they'll even walk me through procedures that they should probably charge for and come up to perform. I've had them in here over a dozen times and it has always been a great experience with a job well done.

Maybe they just don't like you.  :hello:

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on September 26, 2012, 03:10:41 PMMan, I completely disagree about Bay Digital. They have been my service agency for over 6 years and have not once done me wrong. They are fast and always fix what they need to. Also, they go above and beyond by giving their cell phone # to me and answering any time... they'll even walk me through procedures that they should probably charge for and come up to perform. I've had them in here over a dozen times and it has always been a great experience with a job well done.

<=========  SHOCKED!!!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Earendil on September 26, 2012, 03:10:41 PMMan, I completely disagree about Bay Digital. They have been my service agency for over 6 years and have not once done me wrong. They are fast and always fix what they need to. Also, they go above and beyond by giving their cell phone # to me and answering any time... they'll even walk me through procedures that they should probably charge for and come up to perform. I've had them in here over a dozen times and it has always been a great experience with a job well done.

I'm sure you have different reps than we do. The ones around here would have to step up a level to be judged as incompetent.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Maybe. Two of my techs comes from San Fran and another from Sacramento.

t-pat

maybe you two should get all your techs together and have a battle to the death
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Santa

two Techs enter...one Tech leaves