Global Force Overprint of a custom Spot Colour

Started by BSPrint, February 20, 2024, 12:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, we have been drifting off in topic to "crotch related" jokes. Not fair with a lady present. I abstain from any further locker room banter.

born2print

Tune in next week for Garage Talk when we will be discussing disgusting.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

pspdfppdfxhd

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

BSPrint

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 27, 2024, 07:49:04 PM
Quote from: Tracy on February 23, 2024, 08:10:32 AMHey that sound like a good feature overprint on plate and knockout on the proof!
I never knew it could do that!
Just keep in mind, Black should ALWAYS overprint. Unless you're sending to a 2-color press with a common blanket. Like a Heidelberg Quickmaster POS.
Yep, used to work with a QM, but we also force knockout black when printing spot colours on plasticised stock (like Polyart) because it does not absord the ink, and set-off becomes a problem.
There is only so much spray powder you can use

Tracy

DCurry

Neither do I. Sometimes there's something running under it that might look weird. Usually in those cases I'll use a rich black but it's not always necessary. 
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

born2print

I'm mindful to ko and trap if a black element laps only partially onto another... like a black bar partially atop a yellow box.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Ear

Agreed, I don't always overprint black. Things like news webs don't run a very dense black and looks terrible to overprint certain things.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Rodi

I overprint 100K black rules, type less than 18 pt generally. Anything where trapping will not work better thab overprint black. Sometimes I have to decide how something will trap/overprint out of the ordinary.

I have the same issue with dies, but I do it upfront and have a folder of saved dies that overprint. The further upfront I can stop an issue the better. Sometimes it takes work.
Gabba Gabba Hey

DigiCorn

If the type is bigger than 18 pt and the job is 4-color, depending on the image or color underneath the type I would convert the color of that type to rich black.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway