This a Permissions Problem?

Started by Slappy, June 10, 2022, 10:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Seems that all of my InDesign Scripts that rely on importing/exporting files are failing.

Example 1: The Multipage Importer won't see any PDFs in nested Folder within Downloads/Documents - they're just greyed out. But it will access a PDF that's just sitting inside the Downloads or Documents Folder.

Example 2: The batch_convert Script fails completely, no matter where I direct the output. Returns an error "Cannot find the Folder "/Volumes/Users/name/Documents/And so On/"

:donotlook:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Compare permissions of the folder that isn't working with those of a folder that is working and see if they are different.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

They appear to be the same for all Folder under /User
Me: Read & Write
everyone: No Access

That's Downloads, Documents, Applications, etc. not sure how they would have changed, am I safe to change the "everyone" to read & Write also?

I'm gonna go check another Mac's settings too.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

My Documents folder is the same. Folder inside my Documents is:

Me: Read & Write
staff: Read only
everyone: Read only

I wouldn't try changing your base folders in your account ie...Documents, Desktop, Downloads, etc. They were set by the OS when they were created by the installer. The folders that have been created manually should be safe to change. You can always change them back.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

I ran Onyx Daily/Weekly Maintenance routines - cleared it right up!