Drag'n'drop Image Library

Started by frailer, April 28, 2010, 07:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Just sorting through old emails, and I tripped over an InDesign Tip, which I Paste below, including link. The operative word is 'free'.   :grin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For image-intensive page layout in InDesign, selecting images visually is better than doing it by filename, and dragging and dropping is easier than File > Place. Rorohiko's ImageLibraryLoader is a free script-based plug-in for Mac and Windows versions of InDesign CS, CS2, CS3, and CS4. It automatically builds a thumbnail library of images in a folder inside InDesign. That library is a floating panel from which you can drag entries and drop them into the layout without stepping out of InDesign. For more info and the download link, go to

Drag'n'Drop Image Library

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe stuff in Bridge, but this seems like a useful standalone. There's a further link at CreativePro, for download.

(Edit: Modified by Joe to get rid of the extra stuff throwing off the width of the forum. A bunch of these: ~~~    ):laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Syphon

Talk about bad timing.
InDesign CS5 includes a MiniBridge panel, so you can paste images without leaving InDesign.
Kind of makes this plugin obsolete.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

frailer

They're quite good at co-opting Script-nerds' stuff. But still good for the late-adopters, I guess.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.