News:

Main Menu

Welcome to XMF

Started by Joe, August 28, 2013, 03:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

and I'm getting a webinar :banana:

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on August 28, 2013, 03:34:44 PMMe!

curious about what you got, was there a plate and chemistry deal bundled in, et cetera.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Ear

Start getting over Preps now.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

impodave

Wow! The world must be about to end ....
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Joe

We already use Fuji plates and we did get a discount to extend that another 3 years. If we switch to their fountain solution we'll get another discount.

But even without the discount, XMF is half the price of Prinergy and a third of the support cost. We'll break even in year 3 and save over $120,000 over a 10 year period. God I hope I'm not still doing this when that time comes!

Joe

Quote from: impodave on August 28, 2013, 03:47:19 PMWow! The world must be about to end ....

Gee I hope not. I kind of wanted to get a look at it first! :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on August 28, 2013, 03:46:24 PMStart getting over Preps now.

Looking forward to it but I can tell you the XMF imposition looks a lot like Preps 7.

Ear

I stopped at Preps 5. Got Sierra just before getting Preps 6 and pretty much let Preps go.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Diddler

You life will change for the better after the learning curve. It's honestly one of the best bits of software I've used. Did you get version 5.1?
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

t-pat

meh, not like I'll ever get to see it. We just signed with Kodak here, and the new place is on Rampage/Metrix. But there I wouldn't ever touch that shit, I'd be purely digital variable boy, no plates or any litho related bs.  Junk mail FTW!
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

biggsie7

Quote from: Diddler on August 28, 2013, 04:11:42 PM
You life will change for the better after the learning curve. It's honestly one of the best bits of software I've used. Did you get version 5.1?

Most definitely agree with that comment.  It's the only thing that's keeping me interested in the printing industry. And if you get a bit of time to really configure it well you will find there's not much it can't do... (with a few little annoying exceptions haha). Make sure you get trained on using Pagination Mode. It's a real time saver for book work.
Hello IT, Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Ear

biggsie7... first post, out of the gate with your runnin' pants on.  :hello: Welcome.

Ear

And I agree. I'm using Sierra (XMF rebadge) and it is slick and stoopid fast. A couple of minor annoyances but nothing is perfect...

Diddler

Quote from: biggsie7 on August 28, 2013, 04:29:52 PM
Quote from: Diddler on August 28, 2013, 04:11:42 PM

Most definitely agree with that comment.  It's the only thing that's keeping me interested in the printing industry. And if you get a bit of time to really configure it well you will find there's not much it can't do... (with a few little annoying exceptions haha). Make sure you get trained on using Pagination Mode. It's a real time saver for book work.

Welcome Biggsie7, plenty of fun and banter to be had around this site  :hello:
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!