Database backup location

Started by frailer, January 09, 2014, 11:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Diddler, impodave... someone. I'm just trying to find my .dat/.idx files from this week, in order to copy them off the server and onto my iMac as backup on a separate machine.
2 things.
-things went wonky while I was away in Oct/Nov. They were diverted to a separate drive/partition on the server from then until end dec. I can find those OK.
-Last working day of Dec Fuji tech helped me put in new PCI cards for USB and networking. There was a lot happening that day, and I think he may have redirected the database backup files to a new location. (he's in Hawaii by now)

OK, I've backed up twice this week on XMF shutdown, and it seemed to happen no worries. Thing is, don't know where they've been pointed. I.e can't find 'em.  :embarrassed:  Running out of time here (Friday), and I'll tool Monday, but can someone point me to the path in XMF where the database backup target folder is set? I have run a search, unsuccessfully, but then I need to get outa here, and I closed it.
Cheers
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

impodave

OK, I found mine in the 'My Documents' Folder .  I backed up with a new name containing today's date and it  showed up in that folder.    Don't know if that's where they're supposed to be, because I think they were going elsewhere on earlier installs/upgrades, not sure about that ... :huh:
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

frailer

Thanks, Dave. I'll have time Monday to dig a bit. Must be in XMF server settings somewhere.. (programs/XMF/...)
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Diddler

I don't know if you need to find the old ones at all. If your creating a new backup (in theory), it should contain your old files. I have my .dat & .idx files set to an external that I swap around at the end of every week.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Well, I'm saving them OK, but unless I'm missing something 9well possible), you're not choosing the destination path each time. So I don't know where they're currently headed.  :embarrassed:  So I need to get into XMF's settings somewhere and find out where they went.   :cheesy:

Also, my understanding was that in the event of an XMF meltdown, they'd need a sampling of Database backups over a period of weeks; a kind of jigsaw to reconstruct.. I may have this quite wrong.

Diddler

Multiple Database backups in case of Fail, I've never heard of any mention of this from our Fuji Guys. Luckily, I always keep at least the last 2 months of backups.

frailer

Quote from: Diddler on January 12, 2014, 06:09:15 PMMultiple Database backups in case of Fail, I've never heard of any mention of this from our Fuji Guys. Luckily, I always keep at least the last 2 months of backups.

Well, AFAIK. But Chris has moved on to greener pastures, and Wayne's doin' the hula-hula. We'll find out in due course. Not gonna bother anyone interstate. But, hang on, who've you got in QLD for XMF? Anyone?

Diddler

Quote from: frailer on January 12, 2014, 08:57:35 PM
Quote from: Diddler on January 12, 2014, 06:09:15 PMMultiple Database backups in case of Fail, I've never heard of any mention of this from our Fuji Guys. Luckily, I always keep at least the last 2 months of backups.

Well, AFAIK. But Chris has moved on to greener pastures, and Wayne's doin' the hula-hula. We'll find out in due course. Not gonna bother anyone interstate. But, hang on, who've you got in QLD for XMF? Anyone?
Things are stretched very very thin on the ground up here, considering the physical size of QLD. After Chris moved (pushed) on I've only got John Quixley and Peter McClaren, both are exceptional to deal with. Did you end up finding the files your lost? 
I believe your in for some Gold Coast Temps this week, make sure the beers cold.

frailer

Mad Monday. Haven't had a look-in on that yet. Compadra's in tomorrow. Breathing space.

Beer's under control.   :cool:

Joe

Try "Admin Settings" ~ Archive Settings for the location where backups are stored.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

frailer

:embarrassed:  Of course there's a path. Now that things are a bit lass frantic, there's a destination set-path-field, staring at me in the Dtabase backup window.. Haven't logged enough hours in the PC interface.
Some difficulty seeing where the previous few have gone, but am re-directing them now.