News:

Main Menu

XMF proposal

Started by pabney, February 18, 2014, 03:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pabney

I am meeting with Fuji on Thursday and getting my proposal. Any questions I should be asking? Not the normal stuff, just stuff you wished you would have asked BEFORE purchasing XMF?

Thanks

frailer

How many Client seats do you need? How many are you signing up for. If you have one-only, each person needs to quit Client before next person opens it.
Will you be getting the 64-bit version? If not, worth holding off, to avoid upgrade pain? We will need to be getting a new HP box, f'rinstance.
Cost of AML? (Annual Maintenance License). Well worth having, for trouble-calls and version upgrades.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

When we purchased it, it had unlimited client seats at no additional cost. And it was 64-bit also. Screaming fast Proactive boxes with SSD drives for the system disk running Windows 2012 Server. Actually they came in with Windows 2008 Server with a license for 2012 Server so I upgraded them before they installed XMF.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Yeah, good info Joe, for current USA. They may have different pricing too on feature-adding, compared to us.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Is the imagesetter going to hook up without a problem?
and can we get a free plate processor? 

don't need to ask but if you do get fuji, make sure your imagesetter is up and going
before the training starts.

I have a creo/kodak trendsetter and it did cause a problem

andyfest

Normally Fuji will look at your plate consumption Tracy, and if it meets their criteria (and I'm not sure what that is), they will install a processor on "permanent loan". As long as you continue to buy plates and chemistry from them, you keep the processor. Their service and consumables are actually quite good, at least up here among the icebergs.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Tracy

buying their plates would be a must for a free processor
my old processor was on it's last legs needed it and got it!

Farabomb

Yup, we have that deal here. Use their plates, get a permanent loan on the processor.

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pabney

Thanks everyone for the tips.
As for the processor and image setter, we are already using Fuji, so no troubles there. Been using Fuji plates and chemistry for years.
The platesetter is a Fuji 8600s, so there should be no problems connecting XMF, but will double check. May need a new PIF card for the imagesetter.

I will keep an eye out for any more tips.

Thanks again
Paul