Do you print pagination dummy from XMF? How do you do it?

Started by Lyzan, August 26, 2014, 02:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on August 27, 2014, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on August 27, 2014, 07:24:25 AMHmmm, I have to check Prinergy to see if they have a blind folio option. Would lessen my talks with bindery about page numbering.

Not that he can count above 10.

Yes Preps does have the blind folio option though I think they just call it page numbers. :laugh:
That's interesting. I'll have to look into how to do that.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Quote from: Farabomb on August 27, 2014, 02:17:51 PM
Quote from: Ear on August 27, 2014, 02:10:40 PM
Quote from: Tracy on August 27, 2014, 10:29:05 AM
Quote from: Ear on August 26, 2014, 03:44:13 PMTracy, in absence of page numbers, you can use the Blind Folio feature. Bindery loves me for the use of blind folios.
I use it occasionally but a lot of my jobs only have an 1/8 1/8 gutter the page number doesn't really fit
does it?

hmmm... good point. You can put them where you want: head, face, foot, etc.. usually there is room somewhere to stick a little page number.

I would figure centered at the foot .125 from trim would work in 95% of the work we do here.

Indeed.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 27, 2014, 02:20:57 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 27, 2014, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on August 27, 2014, 07:24:25 AMHmmm, I have to check Prinergy to see if they have a blind folio option. Would lessen my talks with bindery about page numbering.

Not that he can count above 10.

Yes Preps does have the blind folio option though I think they just call it page numbers. :laugh:
That's interesting. I'll have to look into how to do that.

That may not still be in Preps 6 or 7. There used to be a script that I know worked in 5.3.3. We discussed it in a Preps thread here:

Page numbering outside bleed
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Ear on August 27, 2014, 02:17:21 PMIt is mostly content accurate but I have seen it output differently than the ripped plate files (rare occurrence).

pretty much our experience. At one stage some months back, we had PDF Export (from XMF) problems. I started Exporting PDFs from the rendered Black Magic file, so RIP integrity. They're big, but I have a preset in Acrobat XI under Optimize. gets 120meggers down to 5~6 MB. Zoomed in they still look pretty good, though you get a bit of JPEG artifact creeping in t that level.. Clients wouldn't. have a clue one way or the other.
I do these routinely now; a bit more of a fiddle, but worth the extra rendered safety.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Diddler

Quote from: frailer on August 27, 2014, 06:47:17 PM
Quote from: Ear on August 27, 2014, 02:17:21 PMIt is mostly content accurate but I have seen it output differently than the ripped plate files (rare occurrence).

pretty much our experience. At one stage some months back, we had PDF Export (from XMF) problems. I started Exporting PDFs from the rendered Black Magic file, so RIP integrity. They're big, but I have a preset in Acrobat XI under Optimize. gets 120meggers down to 5~6 MB. Zoomed in they still look pretty good, though you get a bit of JPEG artifact creeping in t that level.. Clients wouldn't. have a clue one way or the other.
I do these routinely now; a bit more of a fiddle, but worth the extra rendered safety.

I've got a few different PDF settings made up for my Blackmagic proofs. Mostly I use 100dpi, JPEG Compression Quality 80, Zip level 9. It will generate a small file that is easy to email and looks good enough for a client to approve. Cause we all know they never look at them.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!