News:

Main Menu

9 Pro crashes

Started by frailer, July 25, 2010, 08:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Shall have time to look later. Harmless/small file. 2 page doc.less than 1MB. Tried opening extracted page out of the Doc. Getting below. But can open/edit in Acrobat 7/Pitstop Pro.
Console Log below. May run Applejacl b4 hometime...maybe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jul 26 12:22:50 Freds-Computer Toast This: examineContext: list\n
Finder(115,0x1862800) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=1166426112) failed (error code=3)
Finder(115,0x1862800) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
Finder(115,0x1862800) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
Jul 26 12:23:31 Freds-Computer Toast This: img_data_lock: Cannot allocate memory

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Ran 'deep clean' applejack. Seems to be behaving now.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Gremlins seem to be active today in Oz. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Only on Fred's computer.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ratintrap

Who is this Fred guy anyway?

David

new guy, over there, next to the door.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ratintrap

Oh, I thought it was this guy . . .

youston

Quote from: ratintrap on July 26, 2010, 04:00:47 PMOh, I thought it was this guy . . .

No, THAT guy's a digital press salesman ... he hangs out at the other place.

David

weird... not seeing any links today...

Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

youston

Quote from: Joe on July 27, 2010, 09:39:48 AM
Quote from: david on July 27, 2010, 07:30:02 AMweird... not seeing any links today...

Sausage links?

Oh, Joe ... OBVIOUSLY it's 'missing' links.

David, don't worry. Scientists have been looking for that for awhile now.

David

oh, we have internet issues today.
"They" installed a new phone system here, it's one of them there  "internet telephone systems" (actual words from the IT guy's mouth).
Commonly known as VOIP. Part of that was also installing a new T1 line.

and, the result of that was almost a whole day without phones, now we're having intermittent Internet issues (got an email telling me the internet was down, hahaha), and the DSL is gone for about 5 days until AT&T gets their act together and resets the phone number for the DSL line.

other than that, it's prepress as usual around here.
oh, we don't really need the T1 line, or the phones, or that pesky email crap, do we?     :banghead:
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: youston on July 27, 2010, 09:54:37 AM
Quote from: david on July 27, 2010, 07:30:02 AMweird... not seeing any links today...

Sausage links?

ONLY for 6,000 years, Youston. No need to *pretend* to look back *further*...just a big black hole.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

youston

Quote from: gnubler on July 27, 2010, 12:07:14 PM
Quote from: youston on July 27, 2010, 09:54:37 AM

Sausage links?

ONLY for 6,000 years, Youston. No need to *pretend* to look back *further*...just a big black hole.

Dammit! I initially typed 'ages,' but I changed it because I thought, "Surely, that gnubler dude will question my estimation of time." Should have left it alone, I guess.

gnubler

Good thinking.

So are you coming to my 2012 "End of Days" party? It'll be a blast. (everyone's invited, actually)