What's the highest Mac OS capable of running Nexus Manager?

Started by andyfest, May 19, 2015, 11:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

Currently we are running Nexus 10.1.3 with the latest version of Nexus Manager that came with that download. Using OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion I have no trouble connecting to Nexus Manager. However, when I try to use my laptop running OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite, I have no luck connecting to Nexus Manager. Is anyone out there running an OS higher than 10.8 successfully with Nexus/Nexus Manager v10.1.3? We are trying to decide which OS to upgrade to before subscribing to (ugh) Abode CC, but we have to keep in mind connectivity to our Nexus client software.  :banghead:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

Quote from: andyfest on May 19, 2015, 11:22:44 AMCurrently we are running Nexus 10.1.3 with the latest version of Nexus Manager that came with that download. Using OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion I have no trouble connecting to Nexus Manager. However, when I try to use my laptop running OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite, I have no luck connecting to Nexus Manager. Is anyone out there running an OS higher than 10.8 successfully with Nexus/Nexus Manager v10.1.3? We are trying to decide which OS to upgrade to before subscribing to (ugh) Abode CC, but we have to keep in mind connectivity to our Nexus client software.  :banghead:

Looks like OS X 10.9.x

http://www.esko.com/en/SystemRequirements/Nexus/10_1_3/#NexusManager
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

Thanks Joe. Just got off the phone with Byron at Esko and he said that although they say 10.9 is the highest supported OS for Nexus, you can run 10.10 on older iMacs, Pros, etc. Brand new Macs that are preloaded with Yosemite apparently don't work because of a change in the network card that makes them incompatible with Nexus Manager. Once I turned off the wifi on my laptop (mid-2008 Mac Pro) and re-restarted Nexus Manager I was able to connect by entering the correct IP address. With a few tweaks to the app prefs, the job queue looked pretty close to the one running on my iMac.
:banana: 

Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro