Consumer Grade Scanners

Started by Slappy, December 16, 2013, 09:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

Quote from: DCurry on December 17, 2013, 05:29:20 PM
Quote from: gnubler on December 17, 2013, 02:24:34 PMI'm in love with a 75 year old shoemaker in Oregon, mainly because he doesn't "get" how to use a computer.

He sounds like a peach of a cobbler.
:laugh: Damn you're good.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

gnubler

I actually typed cobbler first, then retyped shoemaker because I figured too many jokes would fly with cobbler. :yawn:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DCurry

So, you're saying he's the apple of your eye? It would be funny if his wife is named Betty.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

He has lots of them. Check out my future husband.

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

Dang, sorry. I feel like such a heel now.

Slappy

You can really tell from his face that's he been working his whole life. Not just loafing around.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

born2print

gnubler

I told my therapist, Dr. Marten, about my new solemate. He said "Hush, Puppy. You will find new balance in your life with this old croc." And I said "Ugg, ok."

born2print

Farabomb

Well played Gnub, well played.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

I think this is still a Scanner Topic, if so I went ahead & ordered the Epson V370 last night. Wife thinks even that was overkill but meh - it's only money!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

I dunno -- every time I see the word "scanners", I think of that movie with the 'splodin' head...  :huh:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

gnubler

I know what you mean. When I lived in Portland, Oregon there was a newspaper called "The Scanner" and every time we walked past their building we'd whisper "SCANNERS!" (as a nod to the movie). In time a bar with a patio opened up right next door and we would sit out there, envisioning what was going on inside. Every time someone walked out of the building to their car in the "secret back parking lot" I was sure they were transporting a corpse with an exploded skull. One time we saw a pile of something covered with a black tarp, you can only imagine the dialogue that occurred that day.