Pre Press / Variable Data Coordinator Needed - Full Time - Oklahoma

Started by Jaygames, December 20, 2012, 03:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaygames

Hiring Full Time
PrePress/Variable Data Coordinator

Edmond, Oklahoma

SSI Technologies is looking to hire a Pre Press/ Variable Data Coordinator to help with daily prepping and sending of customer art and variable data files to our digital and offset presses. Occasionally design work is needed for customers or internal marketing.

Key Responsibilities Include:

Prepping variable data for use during the proofing and production proccesses.
Proofing customer artwork with variable data.
Setting up variable data and imposing artwork using various Pre Press programs.
Designing custom artwork for customers and internal marketing as needed.

This position reports directly to the Art Deparment supervisor, and works closely with a small team of other Pre Press & Variable Data Coordinators as well as our Customer Service Department.

Skills Wanted
Daily use of Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
Daily use of Quark 8
Daily use of Microsoft Excel
Comfortable using OSX and Windows.
Daily use of imposition programs - Smart Stream Designer, Fusion Pro, Signa Station
Knowledge of barcodes and check digits a plus.

If there are any questions about this position ask away.

gnubler

Quote from: Jaygames on December 20, 2012, 03:13:14 PMDaily use of Quark 8

You had me until that.  :laugh:  I could have been neighbors with DCS!  :evil:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

yeah that too I guess. I would deal with the quark aspect if it was like Sydney or Waikiki or Fiji... maybe.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

I'd rather live in Oklahomo and NOT use quark ever again. Sounds fair.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Jaygames

I forgot to mention that we are in the middle of phasing out Quark.  Just got done with busy season, and need to convert all of our templates to InDesign.  We don't like Quark here either, that is just what all of our templates were built in years and years ago before I worked here.