Prinergy Evo 8.2 JobData folder

Started by hurm, March 21, 2020, 04:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurm

Hi all.

Is it possible to moveor set up Prinergy Evo JobData folder to network share or to another computer?
Or should it be strongly only on Evo Server?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Joe

Not sure on Prinergy Evo but you can on Prinergy Connect. The other computer is referred to as a tertiary server. Once you get everything copied to that server you have to get Kodak to update the database to point to the tertiary server share instead of the Prinergy server. There will be a bit of a performance hit.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

hurm

Thanks for your quick reply!

As I understand, all, Evo and Connect are depend from database.
So making just shares on another server and copy/move files is not a option at all.

Joe

I thought the difference between the two was that Evo doesn't use a database and if that is the case I'm not sure about the proper way to do it would be. Your best bet would be to ask Kodak.

hurm

Thanks for your reply!

But If I remember correctly, Kodak teacher who setup up our system and we got from him about 2 weeks practices, he told us to keep all job files on Evo Server. Bump...
Early, before Kodak we holding all our stuff on separate fileserver. And there wasn't any mentioning of perfomance hit. At least we didn't experied of this.
Our early system was from Screen, Trueflow v5.X. It was nice workflow, BUT it's a 32-bit system and opening Flatworker templates was so-so painfully slow.
The main reason we changed our system, we got new press machine and chemical free plate machine.
At least, now we have 64-bit system with lots of RAM, etc.

All the best.

Joe

It could be that Evo requires it to be on the Evo server. Like I said I run CONNECT which they are similar but not the exact same thing.

The network is slower when working on files that if you have them on the server you are working from. Because ethernet is not as fast as the system bu on the server. Can you do it? Sure. Is it a big performance hit? Proably not.