Callas releases standalone PDF editor

Started by mattbeals, June 25, 2009, 05:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattbeals

Today Callas Software has released a stand alone version of their popular PDF editing package pdfToolbox 4.3.

The stand alone editor has all the features of the plug-in without the overhead of Adobe Acrobat. The stand alone application is a very fast and efficient environment for manipulating PDF's. Please feel free to download a trial version at:

Mac version: http://www.callassoftware.com/callas/doku.php/en:download:form?product=callas_pdfToolbox4&platform=Mac&purge=true

Windows version: http://www.callassoftware.com/callas/doku.php/en:download:form?product=callas_pdfToolbox4&platform=Win&purge=true
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

pmhapp

QuoteWe advice you to subscribe to our newsletter.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Hahahaha, that's funny PM. I'll give it a whirl, what could it hurt, eh?
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

Hefty download, but a 30 day trial, appears to be FULLY functional. I'll run it and report back.

Any difference/benefit between the plug-in for Acrobat and the stand alone? What's the price tag?
Member #285 - Civilian

jimking

DigitalCrapShoveler

I've been running it today. Impressive, most impressive. The Imposition feature has already made my life a little easier and I haven't really got into the nuts and bolts yet. The interface is somewhat unique, but once I got over it, pretty simple to use. It HAS to cost a fortune. Am I wrong?
Member #285 - Civilian

mattbeals

All I can say at this point about the stand alone version is this; you'll be pleasantly surprised I think.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

frailer

Yep, thanks Matt. Looking forward to spinning the tyres around the block.

A certain Adobe identity on another forum has alluded to certain well-known PDF editing/manipulation apps. not being "Adobe-compliant".

I take it this would not be one of them. Not trying to be a smart-arse; just a genuine enquiry. Have had enough experience with non-compliance in a certain imposition app., to last me into next year.    :sad:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

I think, in Adobe's eyes, anything not made by them is not "Adobe-compliant". :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ratintrap

Quote from: Joe on June 27, 2009, 10:28:41 AMI think, in Adobe's eyes, anything not made by them is not "Adobe-compliant". :laugh:

That sounds about right.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

mattbeals

pdfToolbox 4.3 plug-in comes bundled with pdfToolbox 4.3 stand alone for one price for use on one individual computer. Sorry, no sharing the plug-in on one and the stand alone on another. The retail price is 499 Euros. For those licensed users of pdfToolbox 4.x you are entitled to a free upgrade to 4.3. Licensed PitStop users are able to take advantage of a competitive upgrade.
Matt Beals

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: mattbeals on June 29, 2009, 03:00:56 AMpdfToolbox 4.3 plug-in comes bundled with pdfToolbox 4.3 stand alone for one price for use on one individual computer. Sorry, no sharing the plug-in on one and the stand alone on another. The retail price is 499 Euros. For those licensed users of pdfToolbox 4.x you are entitled to a free upgrade to 4.3. Licensed PitStop users are able to take advantage of a competitive upgrade.

From what I have experienced already, well worth it. You guys need to try this out. I am liking it more and more.
Member #285 - Civilian

mattbeals

Give me a call or shoot me an email with your impressions. I'd like to hear what you have to say.
Matt Beals

DigitalCrapShoveler

I am gonna hit it pretty hard this week. I'll let you know. Thanks Matt.
Member #285 - Civilian