News:

Main Menu

Apple Numbers

Started by DigiCorn, September 06, 2017, 05:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Yeah there are times when it won't let me save something to the desktop but it will let me save it to the documents folder. Then 5 minutes later it will let me save to the desktop. Personally I think it is because Mojave is a piece of crap!

:pileofpoo :pileofpoo :pileofpoo
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I was eventually able to export a .csv but ONLY when the file was relocated to the desktop and exported to Documents. There was no other combination that worked, and I could only export the file - not save it.

I tried resetting permissions, and have "Read and Write," chosen to every conceivable location, including the hidden Library in Mojave. I followed these directions, but still no good... even after reboot.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Remember when you could repair permissions with Disk Utility? Ahhhh the good old days.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

The only time I use numbers is when I want to save a PDF from an excel file. Much easier to have everything saved onto one page in a PDF with Numbers then in Excel. Everything else I just use Excel as it is the standard and much easier to get what you need done as someone has most likely already done it.

DigiCorn

So I found a solution. Basically, you have to create a "Numbers" folder on the iCloud, and then work exclusively out of that folder alone. If you need to export shit, then you have to do so in that folder, and then drag it where it needs to reside.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway