News:

Main Menu

Wasatch Softrip 7.2

Started by madbugger, December 18, 2023, 08:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

We have an old PC running Windows 7 that has Wasatch Softrip 7.2 which is the rip for our Anapurna M2 Flatbed Printer.

I have set up a Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection from the Mac to this computer and have no issues connecting.

Problem arises when I access the Rip via MRD.

Softrip runs a dongle on the PC that has licensing on it.

Softrip is not recognising the dongle when accessed from Mac through MRD.

Any suggestions?
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

Joe

Is it a USB dongle or a dongle on the printer parallel port? I'm guessing it is on the parallel port. If so make sure to enable the printer in your MRD settings and see if that makes a difference.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 7.14.41 AM.png

If it is USB make sure the USB is working by plugging in some USB device and see if it is working.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

madbugger

it's a usb dongle and it is ok when working from pc.

my understanding of MRD is that I'm just driving it remotely, I would have thought that all the bits and pieces hanging of it would continue to be recognised.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

— Ted Nugent

Joe

If you plug in some other USB device does it work when using MRD?

madbugger

Just in the process of shutting down for the xmas break, will be back on deck on Jan 8. Will check that out them

Thanks Joe
— Madbugger

— Ted Nugent

Joe

Also try moving the dongle to the Mac running RDP.

Joe

Quote from: madbugger on December 19, 2023, 03:03:21 PMJust in the process of shutting down for the xmas break, will be back on deck on Jan 8. Will check that out them

Thanks Joe
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

madbugger

Quote from: Joe on December 19, 2023, 03:03:56 PM
Quote from: madbugger on December 19, 2023, 03:03:21 PMJust in the process of shutting down for the xmas break, will be back on deck on Jan 8. Will check that out them

Thanks Joe
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you also.

Problem solved (kinda)

Tried everything suggested and some other stuff as well, then contacted Wasatch support. They got back to me fairly promptly.

"Thank you for your recent web inquiry.     The older licenses do not support remote desktop with our USB security keys.   If remote desktop is needed, it is recommended to upgrade to our subscription licensing.  Our new licensing includes a Cloud key which is dongle-less.   Subscriptions can be purchased directly on our website for immediate release.

www.wasatch.com/subscription-plans

***  Note, Agfa support requires our Premium 2 drivers.

Please let me know if you have any questions."

Translated into Australian that means it's not gunna happen. ::)
— Madbugger

— Ted Nugent

Joe

I am not surprised with that answer. >:(

madbugger

— Madbugger

— Ted Nugent

David

had the almost same thing happen...

hard drive for Film setter RIP died, replaced the drive, re-installed the software, got everything to work except could not "print" to film.  Found out the USB dongle would not let you finish the install was due to the fact that it was linked to the old hard drive.

needed to buy new dongle, updated software, etc....

so, we don't have a film setter anymore.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

madbugger

Quote from: David on December 20, 2023, 04:29:32 PMhad the almost same thing happen...

hard drive for Film setter RIP died, replaced the drive, re-installed the software, got everything to work except could not "print" to film.  Found out the USB dongle would not let you finish the install was due to the fact that it was linked to the old hard drive.

needed to buy new dongle, updated software, etc....

so, we don't have a film setter anymore.
That sucks, and should be illegal.
— Madbugger

— Ted Nugent

Possum

Subscription is getting to be a swear word.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

madbugger

— Madbugger

— Ted Nugent