News:

Main Menu

Asking for fonts

Started by Joe, June 16, 2010, 08:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

It's actually pink, but I'm splitting hairs here.
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 17, 2010, 12:17:15 PMIt's actually pink, but I'm splitting hairs here.

Good lord, man, what have you been eating that would cause THAT to happen?!?

On second thought ... nevermind. I don't wanna know.  :puke2:

DigitalCrapShoveler

No... you really don't.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 17, 2010, 12:05:43 PM
Quote from: Joe on June 16, 2010, 08:00:06 PMI need to ask everyone NOT to create posts asking if others have a certain font or even asking in existing threads. While I know it can be very convenient it is also illegal and I don't need the font police showing up at the B4Print doorstep.

Guilty here. No problem Joe.

No one is all that guilty and I'm not trying to single out any one person. I had just noticed yesterday there had been several threads posted in the general public forums of people requesting fonts. Just trying to keep it out of the public eye.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

andyfest

My feet are like wings in your service Master.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

ratintrap

Quote from: youston on June 17, 2010, 12:19:03 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 17, 2010, 12:17:15 PMIt's actually pink, but I'm splitting hairs here.

Good lord, man, what have you been eating that would cause THAT to happen?!?

On second thought ... nevermind. I don't wanna know.  :puke2:

?

hotmetal

Thanks, Joe. This is not something to be joking around with.

My boss previously worked at a huge local printer, and was there when they got busted for software piracy and paid about $250,000 in fines (plus they had to buy legal copies of everything.) Even though he knows that this is a real thing, he constantly pushes the envelope around here, tells me to put a copy of something on another machine so the platemakers can "practice" with the software, tells a guy to "hurry up and get that Mac out to your car before HM comes in" and then lies to me when I ask if the IT guy had a chance to clean the apps off it first. I wouldn't have known if the guy hadn't nearly run me over trying to get out of the parking lot with his Mac full of "free" Adobe & Quark stuff. (We all had to sign a statement years ago acknowledging that we can be fired for loading unlicensed software on company machines or taking company software home. What part of this don't people get?)
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

David

I never read that legal crap either when I load software....        :sarcasm:

what are they gonna do, come over here and get me?  I ain't skeered!

(ducks head and goes looking for the dark corner)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Before this is official, does anyone have a font called Comic Sans? I need to make a door sign. :ninja:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

not me...

but I got this guy...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ratintrap

Quote from: gnubler on June 21, 2010, 09:37:46 AMBefore this is official, does anyone have a font called Comic Sans? I need to make a door sign. :ninja:

I thought that font was used for legal documents and dignified stuff like that . . . not door signs. :huh:

youston

I have Comic Sans Pro, if that will work for you.

ratintrap

gnubler

Quote from: youston on June 21, 2010, 10:17:02 AMI have Comic Sans Pro, if that will work for you.

Will it look better?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david