News:

Main Menu

certified PDF

Started by hagar_uk, December 28, 2007, 06:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hagar_uk

Does anyone use certified PDFs in regard to external customers, where you expect the customer to test and certify PDFs are worthy before sending files to you? many RIPs etc have this function now built in, but was curious how many customers have passed on the responsibility to comply to a set standard to their customers who supply print ready PDFs. Just curious if the time saved with some customers is offset by the problem it causes when people say they can not get their jobs to pass

Laurens

It works best (or only) for repeat orders designed by professionals - typically high volume magazines. There are some printers that have made this mandatory in the Benelux - which could only happen because their trade organisation dominates that particular market and can afford to define specific rules for content delivery.

Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

pdboddy

My company has one client so far who wants their pdfs to be certified.  At least, as far as I know.  But, it's our responsibility to ensure the pdf is certified (PDF/X-1a:2001), as they send us a variety of formats to convert to pdf.