Upgrade from 4.0.2.4.8 to 4.1.2.6

Started by born2print, September 28, 2009, 01:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

I figured I may as well ask...

I've done my homework and it appears that I need to go incremental for this upgrade and I've started downloading all of the 1.8GB .ppu files
What I want to confirm is that I need to do all of the steps like Kodak says (7 of them FFS!) not including pre checks
4.1.2.0b
4.1.2.1b
4.1.2.2b
4.1.2.3b
4.1.2.4b

In other words, has anyone else gone from late 4.0 to current 4.1 and did you go incremental?
Thanks in advance!
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Joe

I'm new to upgrading Prinergy but this weekend I went from 5.0.3.1 straight to 5.1.2.0 without doing any of the incremental upgrades between the two versions. What does it tell you if you run the precheck.exe on the server for the 4.1.2.6 upgrade? It should tell you if you if you can go straight ahead with 4.1.2.6 upgrade I think. At least that's the way it seems to be working on version 5.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Quote from: Joe on September 28, 2009, 01:55:45 PMI'm new to upgrading Prinergy but this weekend I went from 5.0.3.1 straight to 5.1.2.0 without doing any of the incremental upgrades between the two versions. What does it tell you if you run the precheck.exe on the server for the 4.1.2.6 upgrade? It should tell you if you if you can go straight ahead with 4.1.2.6 upgrade I think. At least that's the way it seems to be working on version 5.
Brilliant! Good idea Joe, even if it says no-can-do I don't lose anything.  :cool:

Wow, you're running 5.1? That's still beta isn't it?  :ninja:

Joe

It was released to Early Production last week. It is the first version to use the Adobe PDF Print Engine 2.0 and they say it fixed some of the issues we were having with some transparency so we asked to be in the Early Production group. I was notified last Thursday we got in so I installed it over the weekend. No disasters yet. :laugh:

born2print

:laugh: bloody typical!
Good luck then Joe.

btw, the precheck is for all of 4.1, not minor updates, so I don't think it will do what we hoped, good thought though.

edit: and keep us posted on the APPE2.0  :cool:

Farabomb

If I wasn't dealing with what management is calling "trapping disasters" and I call press fitment issues I'd give 5.1 a look. I'll put it on the list...
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: born2print on September 28, 2009, 02:21:54 PM:laugh: bloody typical!
Good luck then Joe.

btw, the precheck is for all of 4.1, not minor updates, so I don't think it will do what we hoped, good thought though.

Going by what eCentral says you have to have all of the minor updates in the same folder as the update you are going to. But I have never used Prinergy 4 so you might want to wait for someone else to chime in. I wonder why they call them "minor" when they are still 1-2 gigs in size? :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: born2print on September 28, 2009, 02:21:54 PMedit: and keep us posted on the APPE2.0  :cool:

So far I haven't noticed any difference except 2.0 seems to be a little faster. And I haven't had a file to fail yet. They didn't fix the Prinergy/Preps template selection while someone is editing a template problem I posted about a few weeks ago though.

born2print

Quote from: Joe on September 28, 2009, 02:31:07 PM
Quote from: born2print on September 28, 2009, 02:21:54 PM:laugh: bloody typical!
Good luck then Joe.

Going by what eCentral says you have to have all of the minor updates in the same folder as the update you are going to. But I have never used Prinergy 4 so you might want to wait for someone else to chime in. I wonder why they call them "minor" when they are still 1-2 gigs in size? :laugh:
I saw that too.
LMFAO

RiotMac

I think you will have to do all the updates. I know that if you put them all in the same folder Prinergy's updater will install all of them in order at one time.

Aaron

Yes you have to do all the minor updates. But like Joe said, you can put them all in the same folder and the updater will see them all and update them one by one. No biggie, just time consuming.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

born2print

Thanks a ton, and it's already consuming a little time just D/L these suckers  :sleepy:

Aaron

Yeah, they are monster files. I usually set them off when I leave for the day.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail