News:

Main Menu

Roku

Started by DigiCorn, February 22, 2012, 09:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Here are the settings I use for my Roku. Just unzip and import them into Handbrake under the Presets menu.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Damn, I was going for a record for how long it's been since I booted up the big computer at home.  :laugh:

Picked up a nice house shaking sub yesterday too. Scared the crap out of the cats.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on April 25, 2012, 12:27:57 PMPicked up a nice house shaking sub yesterday too.
I've wanted a new sub ever since I got my new amp, which was 7+ years ago. Finally got mine in January. It's an amplified Infinity 8", but man can that thing pound. I have to keep it at about 30-40% or it's too overpowering. Had to watch all the Jurassic Parks and all the Star Wars films again right after I got it. I'm lucky my neighbors on either side are octogenarians and deaf or else I might have issues.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Same deal here. Bought an amp years ago as well as some infinity reference towers. The towers did a well enough job so the sub went on the back burner. Walking through costco yesterday there was a Klipsch 10" for $160 so I picked that up. I'm quite pleased so far. The cats? Not so much. 

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

A couple years ago I got a 26" Samsung, open box, and I used a couple of Christmas gift cards, and I paid about $45 out of pocket. The stand was kind of jacked, 'cuz it was open box. I used it for a while, but it made a lousy monitor since it was only 720, so I traded it to a friend who got the sub fairly new off Craig's List for like $65. Pretty even swap, if you ask me. Took me a while to figure out how to go into the menu on the amp to activate the subwoofer output, but once I got it going, it rattles everything. My 2-year old got scared the first time we watched Jurassic Park, but now after Star Wars, she absolutely loves it - she always kneels down and puts her ear up against it and giggles. Now I get home from work, and she says, "Daddy? I want to watch robots!"
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

My Yamaha amp's menu blows. Without the remote it's an exercise in futility but luckily my flaky remote (happens when it's been in a flood twice) played nice last night and I was up and running quickly.

I was a little disappointed becasue I want to get a new amp but can't ever get rid of working tech.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

someday I'll finish working on my place and actually set up the sounds in the living room. I have a Yamaha YSP somethin or other sound bar which is very cool but definitely needs a sub. The sound bar will go on a wall mount along with the tv, and the sub somewhere hidden.

The days of a room full of big or small speakers are behind me and I don't really know what to do with my surround receiver.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Farabomb

I have another 2 speakers for rears but last time I ran wire to them the friggin cats ate it. All I have now is the reference towers and the sub hidden behind the TV. Works well enough for me. When I own a house and not rent then I will have everything set up.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Trust me. I own a house, and everything is NOT set up. I have it all wired, but the speakers sit by the tv stand and I pull them out when I want to watch a movie with surround sound.

My old house was built on the slab, so I had to run the lines along the wall and hide it behind the couch. My new house is on a foundation. I always thought I'd go under in the crawl space and run the lines, but 7 months later it still hasn't happened. I thought my amp was limited to 5.1, but after examining it again last night I think it can do 7.1, but I don't have the speakers for it. I guess I should look at the manual to be certain.

Last time I bought speakers, I wanted high-end so I wouldn't have to replace them again for a while, so I bought Definitive Technology from Magnolia; 2 bookshelf, 2 towers and a center. Now Magnolia is gone, and it's bad enough I have an Infinity sub that doesn't match.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

I have wires all over the place - through the baseboards and floors, into and back out of the basement, through closets going upstairs, out under and onto the deck. Do I have anything hooked up? Of course not.
vdp donkey

David

need more wire...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

MandL

Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite | RamPage 13 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 | Basysprint 540 CTP

t-pat

the t-pat household is sorely lacking in cowbell. I'll have to look for one on the next thrifting excursion.
vdp donkey

Tracy

:rolleyes: boys and their toys! :laugh:

DigiCorn

I just want to watch what I want to watch, when I want to watch it. And I want it to sound good. If I never have to leave home ever, I wouldn't.

And my wife now asks, "don't you want that in surround?" Plus, she's a roku junkie now. She works nights, and I get home while the daughter is napping. She's chain watching shows on netflix and hulu.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway