Adobe CC updates only with OSX 10.9 or above

Started by Made in Taiwan, May 01, 2015, 08:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

I'm off to go find a copy of CS6 on disk and buy a new PC laptop. Fuck this Adobe/Apple bullshit.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on May 06, 2015, 11:11:06 AMI'm off to go find a copy of CS6 on disk and buy a new PC laptop. Fuck this Adobe/Apple bullshit.

I applaud your stance but you know as soon as you do that someone will send you a CC2014 Indy file. :sarcasm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Yup, then I'll ask my digital guy to export a imdl file. Or pop on here for one of the kind souls here to do it.

I actually taught one of my designers to include it with all natives. Now they just need to get the fonts right.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Captain_Type

What I remember reading (directly from Adobe, I believe) is that periodically, one of the Adobe CC releases was going to be "archival," and that is the one that you could continue to use. I will try to find a link.
<time passes>
Ooookay, unable to find a link. I guess they moved the bar. Who could have possibly seen this coming?
Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter

Possum

Adobe said they planned the "archival" versions for those complaining about paying rent for years and having nothing to show for it. I don't think they have implemented it yet, it was probably hot air.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

I think it was implemented at the beginning. And has now been eliminated. Stop paying and your files are worthless.

Made in Taiwan

That's the reason why more and more people are looking at Corel and Quark again, just because you pay once and can use as long as you want.

We should do it like most of my clients and set the artwork in MS Powerpoint next time. Pitstop will do the rest.
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

Joe

Quote from: Made in Taiwan on May 13, 2015, 08:07:24 AMThat's the reason why more and more people are looking at Corel and Quark again, just because you pay once and can use as long as you want.

We should do it like most of my clients and set the artwork in MS Powerpoint next time. Pitstop will do the rest.

Still have to have some Adobe software for that though. At least you can still buy a non-cloud version of Acrobat though.

Farabomb

Shhh, don't let them know or they will change that.

Bait and switch, not surprising from you Adobe. Enjoy the view, someone will be around to knock you off soon enough.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Made in Taiwan

Acrobat is unlikely to become cloud-only. For printing shops it's still a must-have, but for normal office use there are plenty of competitor products out there that can do almost the same as Acrobat. So I guess Adobe is kind of afraid to lose their main customers for Acrobat if they go cloud with it.
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

StudioMonkey

Having been using CS4 on Windoze quite happily for years we are going Mac so the boss asked about CS6.  I looked on Adobe and it all redirects to Creative Cloud. 

Eventually I found this on the Adobe website :
QuoteLet's be honest: Some software upgrades are necessary, and others are just nice to have. Upgrading from Creative Suite 6 to Adobe Creative Cloud falls into the first category: It's essential.

CS6 is almost four years old, and Adobe has no plans to update it. Ever. In contrast, Creative Cloud features all the latest creative software, including more than 500 features that have been added since 2012. Want the latest version of Photoshop or Illustrator? You need to join to Creative Cloud.

Yes, you can still buy CS6 products, but why would you?

We don't want cloud for so many reasons - CS6 will still be OK to use for years and cost about the same as 2.5 years of CC subs so its win win.
Now all I have to do is find out how to actually buy CS6 suite (legally).  * cracks knuckles * come here Adobe and bend over . . .
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

almaink

Some people are posting issues with CS6 and Sierra, anyone here using CS6 with Sierra? I have a side job coming in this month and I don't want to update if there is going to be issues.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Joe

Quote from: almaink on October 05, 2016, 06:27:55 AMSome people are posting issues with CS6 and Sierra, anyone here using CS6 with Sierra? I have a side job coming in this month and I don't want to update if there is going to be issues.

I installed Sierra a little over a week ago. I formatted the HD and did a clean install of Sierra and Creative Cloud. Haven't noticed any issues with it.

Edit: Oops...I thought you were asking about CC. I have no idea about CS6 and Sierra.

Farabomb

CS6 was the last upgrade we did and likely the last we will ever do. We rarely get natives anymore and if we do it's even rarer to get a .imdl with it. I just bounce it to my digital guy that backsaves it and I make a PDF. If I'm really lucky they include a low res, no bleed, crap PDF I can compare it to. Why take the effort of making a PDF and not make it a press ready one is beyond me. CS6 seems to work fine for us but we're not a normal place.

I see you can still buy it and it's still expensive. Hurry up before the hipsters want to be ironic and jack up the price because they're cool (not in the least).

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: StudioMonkey on October 05, 2016, 04:59:07 AMWe don't want cloud for so many reasons - CS6 will still be OK to use for years and cost about the same as 2.5 years of CC subs so its win win.
Now all I have to do is find out how to actually buy CS6 suite (legally).  * cracks knuckles * come here Adobe and bend over . . .

You can still buy it through CDW or Amazon.