News:

Main Menu

Neo - Any Takers?

Started by Slappy, September 17, 2007, 03:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattbeals

Shameless marketing here

If anyone wants to buy a copy or needs help with it please let me know.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

born2print

Matt, I was quoted a very competitive price, but if you would PM your ballpark price for comparo I would appreciate it.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Joe

NEO 2.0 has been released. Includes support for action lists up through Pitstop 8. Can't wait to give it a whirl.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

mattbeals

Quote from: Joe on August 12, 2008, 09:44:25 AMNEO 2.0 has been released. Includes support for action lists up through Pitstop 8. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

Where did you get that info from?
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Joe

Esko-Artworks. It is available for customers with service contracts through them. I suppose maybe it's not available to the general public. I did not check the enfocus web site.

mattbeals

No, it's definitely not available to the general public. I don't even think Neo 2.0 exists as a beta yet.
Matt Beals

Joe

Quote from: mattbeals on August 12, 2008, 12:19:14 PMNo, it's definitely not available to the general public. I don't even think Neo 2.0 exists as a beta yet.

I checked the Esko-Artwork download center and it's there for download.

Joe

Also got my official email notification listing the fixes and enhancements.

Joe

Okay, just downloaded and installed. 2.0 kicks ass. Link and unlink text boxes. Pitstop actions. Flatten transparency. Revamped menus that make more sense. The list goes on and on.

mattbeals

So you have the Esko-Artwork version of Neo. That's not quite the same as Enfocus Neo. So yes, Esko has apparently released it. Enfocus Neo 2 is not released. It's a bit different product but fundamentally the same.

And yes, Neo kicks ass.
Matt Beals

Joe

Quote from: mattbeals on August 12, 2008, 07:02:49 PMSo you have the Esko-Artwork version of Neo. That's not quite the same as Enfocus Neo. So yes, Esko has apparently released it. Enfocus Neo 2 is not released. It's a bit different product but fundamentally the same.

And yes, Neo kicks ass.

Yes, I have the Esko-Artwork version of Neo but how is it different? They are both made by Enfocus I believe.

born2print

Quote from: Joe on August 12, 2008, 04:45:14 PMOkay, just downloaded and installed. 2.0 kicks ass. Link and unlink text boxes. Pitstop actions. Flatten transparency. Revamped menus that make more sense. The list goes on and on.
Sounds sweet, I should mention the trial version I'm using is 1.2.2.

Joe

That's what I was using until yesterday and it was good. But it gets better.

I suppose the Esko-Artwork version is a little different. In mine I have an option for Shuttle, which is the path to our Nexus workflow. I can submit a PDF from NEO straight into Nexus through Shuttle. I'd guess that isn't in the Enfocus branded version of NEO. Other than that I think they are the same.

born2print

Quote from: Joe on August 13, 2008, 10:58:19 AMThat's what I was using until yesterday and it was good. But it gets better.

I suppose the Esko-Artwork version is a little different. In mine I have an option for Shuttle, which is the path to our Nexus workflow. I can submit a PDF from NEO straight into Nexus through Shuttle. I'd guess that isn't in the Enfocus branded version of NEO. Other than that I think they are the same.
Maybe not even that Joe, I was just playing with it / reading the manual (stop laughing!) and the shuttle feature seems to be there. I was already impressed, but after just learning the Selector Window tools and how to extract/alter/replace an image I'm doubly wowed! Not to mention the depth and versatility of each tool I learn, I can't wait to play more!

Joe

I've felt for awhile now the only features keeping me from using NEO instead of Acrobat was Action lists and now that's included. :iwin:

(Don't tell anyone but I cracked open the manual last night too)