Need networking cables & gear?

Started by Joe, July 07, 2008, 11:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratintrap

Quote from: LRob on July 10, 2008, 10:12:50 AMIf it is cat5e you'll be ok

I just looked at the cables and they appear to be cat5e.

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 10, 2008, 08:17:38 AMOf course you work at a sweatshop... about 10 years from now is when your boss will approach you for a network upgrade. :death:

That's if we're still in business 10 years from now. That's all I can write for now, I need to get back to my foot powered sewing machine.

-Rat

DigitalCrapShoveler

LMFAO! Good luck Bro. Don't spill the 85 LPI half-tone dots!
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Got a film stretcher for sale if anyones interested.

delooch

Thanks Joe,

Just ordered some HDMI and USB cables from there.. good pricing, too.

I got a 3' HDMI for 3.99 vs. $49.99 for the 'cheap' one at BestBuy. When I first got my LCD, i splurged for the expensive cables, but honestly, i cant tell the difference vs. the cheapo's i've bought.

I had to get a 4-port switch for the LCD, im plugging the PC into it for some big screen gaming. now i can go all hdmi connections.

Joe

Hey Delooch, let us know here if you have any problems with Microbarn or the cables. I haven't placed my order yet. Still trying to determine what all I need.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

delooch

ive had mixed experiences with cheap cables, but for the price ill give them a try. I had purchased bulk cables before, and noticed that some of the molded ends were identical to the 'Dynex" brand they sell at best buy, except they were 10x more at BB. But thats not to say the actual wire was different.

delooch

Ok, ordered the cables Friday, they arrived yesterday (wednesday) - used standard first class mail, very quick!

No problems with the cables so far, the HDMI carries my 1080p signal from my PC just fine. The brand was "Bergtek" - came bagged, 28AWG/Gold connectors. (remember, this was $3.99 vs. the $49.99 "Dynex" brand @ best buy) I havent tried the 6' USB extension yet, but i was mainly concerned about the signal quality in the HDMI cable..

Definitely going to use these guys for future cable purchases...

thanks again Joe!

Joe

Great news. Glad it worked out for you.

Which reminds me, I need to get my networking gear ordered from them.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.